Does the Coach Quilted Tabby Look Like a Chanel Dupe?

Emily1830

O.G.
Jul 26, 2013
I have a bit of a weird question and I hope it’s okay I posted it here instead of on the Coach forum. I am interested in buying the Coach Quilted Tabby 26 in black in either the silver or gold hardware. However, I also have five Chanel bags (four of them are flaps in different sizes and styles) that I rarely wear, not because I don’t love them, but because I find that with their current prices I am worried about safety when wearing them out in NYC. I have always loved the classic flap style so I’m thinking of getting the Coach one. I’ve heard several people online say it looks like a Chanel bag or a Gucci Marmont. Do you think this bag looks like a dupe of those bags or does it stand on its own? Is it foolish for me to get this bag when I already have the flaps?

Attachments

• IMG_9279.jpeg
    IMG_9279.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: keishapie1973
Well it’s a quilted flap bag with a chain strap so it does resemble a Chanel a little bit. But it doesn’t look like a copycat. The quilting is a different pattern, the flap shape is unique and I think it is little longer. I don’t get strong marmont vibes either.

I just bought one with a gift card from a Neiman’s event. I’m really happy with it (though I wish the gold was a softer shade). I wanted a cream colored bag and won’t worry too much about it getting marked/dirty since it was relatively inexpensive.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Well it’s a quilted flap bag with a chain strap so it does resemble a Chanel a little bit. But it doesn’t look like a copycat. The quilting is a different pattern, the flap shape is unique and I think it is little longer. I don’t get strong marmont vibes either.

I just bought one with a gift card from a Neiman’s event. I’m really happy with it (though I wish the gold was a softer shade). I wanted a cream colored bag and won’t worry too much about it getting marked/dirty since it was relatively inexpensive.
Wow, yours is so gorgeous!

Reactions: 2cello
its similar to but definitely feels the exact same as chanel lambskin! i am shocked, so its a great alternative, honestly the leather on the black feels the exact same as my chanel mini rectangular
I actually don’t own any Chanel lambskin anymore (sold one), so glad to hear that you think it feels the same. It appeals to me for this reason—seems like a good alternative and the price point will make me less worried about really using it.

Reactions: lilly2002
Ok just wanted to update you all: I bought the Quilted Tabby 26 and am in love with it! The leather is so plush and soft. I’m surprised this bag isn’t getting more posts on TPF but maybe I’m missing it. It’s all the rage on YouTube lately.

Attachments

• IMG_9391.jpeg
    IMG_9391.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9390.jpeg
    IMG_9390.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 25