Does the Coach outlet sell fakes??

aww.. that totally stinks that you accidentally bought fake. I know you must feel terrible! The outside and the creed look good to me so I prolly would have been duped too.. Although the tag looked weird to me. Well, at least you know now for sure and I'm glad that you are honest enough not to sell them. :hugs:

Wow if that is how the story goes than that is awful... But I honestly doubt that they would do anything.. there is no way that you can prove that is the same bag you bought that day... But I hope things work out for you..

Do not think that I do not believe you... I do. Some here put a post once that they saw a fake.. I think in Macys? But the outlet should have better understanding of the bags since they have mana many more styles..

Yeah, I feel sick inside and totally disgusted.. I can't even look at the bags. Today wasn't completely terrible - I got a new RM MAM in Tangerine & Dusty. No more buying bags from stores like that without checking this forum first.

aww.. that totally stinks that you accidentally bought fake. I know you must feel terrible! The outside and the creed look good to me so I prolly would have been duped too.. Although the tag looked weird to me. Well, at least you know now for sure and I'm glad that you are honest enough not to sell them. :hugs:

Maybe the SA accepted these bags from someone without a receipt? I'll take pictures of the 2nd fake and post here if you all are interested but the creed looks almost identical to the first one I posted - just a different serial #. It was a good enough fake that I carried the 2nd bag around for a few months.

I'm going to call bealls tomorrow morning, if anything, to let them know that someone is selling fake bags there.

OMG, does that mean that i could possibly go into macys and buy a fake carly?

Yes it does! Switcheroos are happening more and more. It's happened some in dept stores like Macys where the SAs are not so knowledgeable, but it's very strange it could happen at an outlet where there are a lot of Coach employees. Someone there could easily catch it, and my experience has been that managers are knowledgeable regarding their products. They also take great care with returns. I'm not saying it's impossible, but much less likely.

I was told Coach sent some reps to dept stores recently for training on how to tell counterfeits, but the truth is some people simply cannot tell the difference. I also recently found a fake Chloe at Marshalls and fake Dooney and Bourke at TJ Maxx. I think these are the places you have to worry about the most. I turned both in, but I got the impression that they didn't care. I bet both bags went back out on the floor after I left!!

Maybe the SA accepted these bags from someone without a receipt? I'll take pictures of the 2nd fake and post here if you all are interested but the creed looks almost identical to the first one I posted - just a different serial #. It was a good enough fake that I carried the 2nd bag around for a few months.

I'm going to call bealls tomorrow morning, if anything, to let them know that someone is selling fake bags there.

I bet they were returns. Someone may not have been taught how to spot fakes. You should tell them to monitor their returns and train the employees on what to look for. Bealls around here doesn't even sell Coach.

I just want to make sure everyone saw my 2nd post on the first page. I purchased 5 Coach bags that day - 3 from the factory store and 2 from the Bealls outlet. I did a ton of shopping that day and really thought I got them all from the coach outlet. I do feel really stupid for thinking you could buy authentic coach products from a 3rd party store.

Yes it does! Switcheroos are happening more and more. It's happened some in dept stores like Macys where the SAs are not so knowledgeable, but it's very strange it could happen at an outlet where there are a lot of Coach employees. Someone there could easily catch it, and my experience has been that managers are knowledgeable regarding their products. They also take great care with returns. I'm not saying it's impossible, but much less likely.

I was told Coach sent some reps to dept stores recently for training on how to tell counterfeits, but the truth is some people simply cannot tell the difference. I also recently found a fake Chloe at Marshalls and fake Dooney and Bourke at TJ Maxx. I think these are the places you have to worry about the most. I turned both in, but I got the impression that they didn't care. I bet both bags went back out on the floor after I left!!

Are you sure that you got that at Coach outlet and not a 3rd party retailer or somewhere else? That does not look like an authentic product for several reasons, and I do not see the marking that every item sold at an outlet has.

Not every item has a bullseye (especially new returns from retail or factory releases). However, I agree that someone at the outlet should have noticed a fake bag. It's very unlikely to purchase a fake at an outlet. Other places, yes, most definitely! It's easy to reattach store tags on fake bags.