Does the addiction ever subside?

I'm new to Mulberry but am already eyeing up my 2nd and 3rd bags. To be honest, as everyone seems to have a Bays or Alexa these days I go for the older items. The Somerset range is just classic and I'm on the hunt for some Mabels. That way when I walk down the street at least I know that not everyone will have one, or be wearing a copy

I know what you mean. I'm not entirely happy to see they're the brand of choice for towie women. The coming soon selection certainly looks very towie friendly. I almost think they should split and do a diffusion range and a high end range with different names.

Likewise. I went shopping last week with my alexa and saw SO many women carrying Mulberry, it just took away that 'special' feeling I normally have when carrying a bag. Along with the quality factor, I don't mind forking out the money as I feel special carrying the bag. Sad, but I'll admit it is the truth. However when I see so many women with them, it's like meh; we're all the same.

I agree, a high end range would be great but then again Mulberry have that brand image of 'classic meets trendy everyday bags'.

Sarahlouise I will go read your blog. The only other mulberry I may be tempted by is foggy Grey Bays but still need to see IRL. Then only 1 quality bag or none each year from 2013. By then other things may become more important!:cool:

Thanks :smile: You are obsessed with the Bayswater lady!! Haha, it is so pretty though. :graucho:

My style has changed since leaving university, I'm more of a heels girl and now find my Alexa and Anthony only really suit my casual weekend outfits. Next on the 'I need' list are the Celine luggage tote and the Prada saffiano luxe tote. Also very tempted to buy the Mulberry harriet clutch in nude and the Mulberry bayswater clutch in black. Oh yeah, and an iPhone cover too....... SOMEONE SLAP ME!! No. More. BAGS!!! :help:

I started my collection just under a year ago when a purchased the black OS Alexa. Then I got the beige Lily for my birthday last July (there are no words for how much I love this bag...she "sleeps" at the end of my bed!)
So, bit worried about my expenditure instead I found myself buying a Macbook Air to replace my old Dell laptop mainly because it fits in my Alexa!!
Oh dear...

Hi all

Gosh what a start to 2012... My love for The M has certainly accelerated this year! I will soon be the owner of a 3rd... yes 3rd bag and now desperatley want a 4th :help: (Did anyone watch the programme yesterday about the woman with 15 children? I think I am like her without the pregnancy and labour part!) lol

Please tell me i'll be back to normal soon (normal is buying no bags or high street bags, although high street ones always break so that why i'd thought i would invest in quality)

I am desperatley seeking a Neely.... Can I ask did they come in different sizes?

If anyone has a support group or counselling sessions in London, please let me know I am willing to attend :smile:

Hi Betsy the pull for a Mulberry never subsides.... I have loved Mulberry for years but never been in the position to quench my lus until the last few yearst:smile:
Following years of studying and working my way up the ladder, along with my children now being alot older I can afford to spluge once in a while! Trouble is as soon as you get the 'one' there is another that catches your eye and so the cycle goes on!
Since Nov 2010 up until now I have bought the Steel Neely, the Edna, and Polly! My collection is growing steadily and the idea is that as I get a newer model I am suppossed to sell one of the others, trouble is I love them all and it is hard to let any of them go. I have been getting a bit better thou and have started to move some of my older colection thru.
Take today I looked on M.com and fell in love with the Fox Grainy Bays OMG that's on my hit list next:woot:
I don't care what anyone says for me a bag plasrtered with the logo such as LV I find tacky and the class of a Mulberry will win thru every time!!!!
Good luck with searching for ur Neely I will keep my eyes peeled.

I did PM you last week did u get it??? :banned::banned:

Well I became addicted to Mulberries in 2006 when my husband bought me my first one. I fell in love with the sturdy darwin leathers and i love the bags i have but i can safely say the addiction is waning........which is great for my bank balance!!! The new collections over the last couple of years aren't appealing and every time I see a bag on e-bay i like i realise i already have something similar!!!

Hello All,

am i the only one who has found disappointment this season? i have returned more than I have kept, mainly due to bags arriving with scratches and flaws on them........I refuse to pay that amount of money for something imperfect.......

I bought a Celine last season and she is perfect and beautiful everytime I use her.......i feel myself straying from Mulberry. Although I am loving the Fox colour....

Hello All,

am i the only one who has found disappointment this season? i have returned more than I have kept, mainly due to bags arriving with scratches and flaws on them........I refuse to pay that amount of money for something imperfect.......

I bought a Celine last season and she is perfect and beautiful everytime I use her.......i feel myself straying from Mulberry. Although I am loving the Fox colour....

Just saw the fox color on M.com too - gorgeous!!
Ooh no, another temptation :drool:

All my sales bags were in excellent condition with all the wrapping still in place. I would not accept a bag even in sale with marks on or scratches. I was Harrods a couple of days ago and you should have seen how damaged and dirty the M bags in the sale were. If you are buying in the shop you can decide there and then if you want it but online they should not sell inferior bags.

I purchased my first Mulberry in 2005, a Bayswater in Black Congo and I think that I at one time has owned most of the older styles. I a not a fan of the newer styles so I have no problem resisting a bag

Hi Betsy the pull for a Mulberry never subsides.... I have loved Mulberry for years but never been in the position to quench my lus until the last few yearst:smile:
Following years of studying and working my way up the ladder, along with my children now being alot older I can afford to spluge once in a while! Trouble is as soon as you get the 'one' there is another that catches your eye and so the cycle goes on!
Since Nov 2010 up until now I have bought the Steel Neely, the Edna, and Polly! My collection is growing steadily and the idea is that as I get a newer model I am suppossed to sell one of the others, trouble is I love them all and it is hard to let any of them go. I have been getting a bit better thou and have started to move some of my older colection thru.
Take today I looked on M.com and fell in love with the Fox Grainy Bays OMG that's on my hit list next:woot:
I don't care what anyone says for me a bag plasrtered with the logo such as LV I find tacky and the class of a Mulberry will win thru every time!!!!
Good luck with searching for ur Neely I will keep my eyes peeled.

I did PM you last week did u get it??? :banned::banned:
Hi !!
Sorry I have been having lots of trouble with PM's and today it seems even replying to this. I write lots then an error message comes up with which mentions something about a security token.
Its likely I tried to reply more than once, but then might have given up and forgot to try again. I'll reply now.
If anyone has any advice re the errors i'd be grateful I now, copy my message just incase it doesnt send the first time!

I bought my first Mulberry around 3 years ago. Then I was hooked & became Mulberry obsessed. The thing is since the prices have increased significantly over the last couple of years I now find my-self looking at other makes such as Balenciaga, Chloe etc, as the prices are similar & the quality better in most cases. I still love Mulberry & still have several bags but my obsession with it isn't as bad as it was. The thing is Mulberry led me on to discover Chanel, LV, Prada, YSL, Celine, Hermes, Givenchy.......etc etc. So it will always have been the start of a very slippery slope. Once you have experienced these high end designer bags theres no way back I'm afraid!!
I agree with others now that Mulberry has become very popular. On my last visit to London pretty much every other person appeared to carry a Mulberry. I even spotted two Alexas the other day in my local Tesco!
Personally theres not too much I like on the coming soon section so I think I'm safe on the Mulberry front for while:smile:

Hello All,

I completely agree, I'm looking forward to expanding my collection with other brands. What celine do you have and what colour? I've recently fallen in love with the luggage tote, but cannot find it online anywhere!! :cry:

A Celine luggage tote is top of the list for my next bag :love:, Brown Thomas in Dublin used to carry a few but I think if you want a specific colour most department stores have a wait list...

I do think that the love wanes. I bought my first Mulberry in 2007 and went a little bit mad for a while lusting and purchasing many lovely Mulberries for about two years. I think recent quality issues and a change in direction from a design point has made me look elsewhere. I think I'm a bit old school but I like the more classic, simple designs that Mulberry used to be renowned for. What a misery I sound! I still love mulberry but am content with the much smaller collection I have these days. My bank manager is happier too! :lol:

No, it definitely doesn't subside. As soon as you hand over your card to pay for that bag, then bam. That's it, you've sold your soul to the devil :P

I do however think my addiction with Mulberry has come to an end. I wrote a little piece about here in my blog (ok, more so ramblings).

But does anyone else think Mulberry has become quite common? It will only continue to become more and more popular, now I LOVE Mulberry but it doesn't feel as special when you spend £800 on a bag only to see a handful of other women carrying a Mulberry too. I know the same can be said for Louis Vuitton, but Mulberry really is EVERYWHERE these days. *cries*

I read your blog SarahLouise - rang a big bell with me :smile: