Does sofa king banned mean what it used to mean?

Oh this is so unfair, I wanna know what it means... :lol:

Say the three words quickly out loud. In tPF’s early days, when a member who broke the forum rules was kicked out, they were “so f***ing banned” from the site.

However I’ve seen some clueless members over the years choose to put “Sofa King Banned” under their own avatar or in their signature when they decide to ban themselves from buying more bags. Apparently they don’t understand the original meaning.

Say the three words quickly out loud. In tPF’s early days, when a member who broke the forum rules was kicked out, they were “so f***ing banned” from the site.

However I’ve seen some clueless members over the years choose to put “Sofa King Banned” under their own avatar or in their signature when they decide to ban themselves from buying more bags. Apparently they don’t understand the original meaning.
Priceless, thanks! :lol:

Reactions: Cosmopolitan

Oh - I was wondering why anyone would put this under their avatar. thanks

Me too. That's why I was wondering if Vlad was still doing it.

This seems as good a place as any to ask my (frankly ridiculous) question. :biggrin:
There's a member who has 'sofa king banned' under their username but I can't tell if they've placed it there themselves or if they've been banned by mods.
When I scroll over their handle, I can see that they recently logged in (several days after they appear to have been banned), however if I click on their username, it says "this user profile is not available".
Does this mean that banned users can still log in but are unable to post? Or is it that this person has simply set their profile to private?
I'm trying to understand if banning prevents you from logging in entirely, or merely restricts what you can do once you are logged in. TIA :smile:

Reactions: QuelleFromage
This seems as good a place as any to ask my (frankly ridiculous) question. :biggrin:
There's a member who has 'sofa king banned' under their username but I can't tell if they've placed it there themselves or if they've been banned by mods.
When I scroll over their handle, I can see that they recently logged in (several days after they appear to have been banned), however if I click on their username, it says "this user profile is not available".
Does this mean that banned users can still log in but are unable to post? Or is it that this person has simply set their profile to private?
I'm trying to understand if banning prevents you from logging in entirely, or merely restricts what you can do once you are logged in. TIA :smile:
post #5 in this thread may answer your question

Reactions: jblended