Does PS Make You Unrecognisable?

Good luck :smile: what are you doing?

Basically everything on my face: zygoma reduction, mandible reduction, eyelid revision, ptosis correction, rhinoplasty (alar reduction, hump reduction, deviated nose correction, etc), and philtrum shortening. I'm so nervous though, I would like to find one clinic that is good for all those procedures so that I could just get it done at the same time.

Reactions: JessicaCorbyn
Basically everything on my face: zygoma reduction, mandible reduction, eyelid revision, ptosis correction, rhinoplasty (alar reduction, hump reduction, deviated nose correction, etc), and philtrum shortening. I'm so nervous though, I would like to find one clinic that is good for all those procedures so that I could just get it done at the same time.

About how much do you think all those procedures would cost? I'm looking for a big change too and want to make sure I budget enough.

Does that include money to cover accommodation, flights, food, etc, or are you planning on saving extra for that. Thanks for the info. It's a lot to save but it'll be worth it.

Nope, that's just how much I'm gonna save for the surgeries - I know that they may not cost that much, but I always like to be safe. I don't want to run into any problems or limitations because I don't have enough money - I can't control the other factors, like how much effort the doctor puts in, but the one thing I can control is how much money I prepare. For the accommodations, flight, and food, I think I will save at least $5-6 thousand dollars. There are many guest houses in Seoul that you can stay in that are cheap! I'm sure I won't need much for food, I'll barely be able to eat after the facial contouring surgeries anyways, haha. Plus I'm vegan and plant foods are usually cheaper than animal products. :smile:

Yeah, it's definitely worth it all. I always reason to myself that most people spend more money than that to buy a car, or a house. But for me, fixing my face is the most important thing.

Nope, that's just how much I'm gonna save for the surgeries - I know that they may not cost that much, but I always like to be safe. I don't want to run into any problems or limitations because I don't have enough money - I can't control the other factors, like how much effort the doctor puts in, but the one thing I can control is how much money I prepare. For the accommodations, flight, and food, I think I will save at least $5-6 thousand dollars. There are many guest houses in Seoul that you can stay in that are cheap! I'm sure I won't need much for food, I'll barely be able to eat after the facial contouring surgeries anyways, haha. Plus I'm vegan and plant foods are usually cheaper than animal products. :smile:

Yeah, it's definitely worth it all. I always reason to myself that most people spend more money than that to buy a car, or a house. But for me, fixing my face is the most important thing.

Thanks for the info. I agree with you, your face is very important. I'd love to look the way I want to look. Hope you keep this board updated on your progress when you save enough for surgery. It's always interesting to see people's experiences, and I'd be especially interested to know how someone who wanted lots of procedures got on.

I've got a few friends who are thinking of going for V line, rhino etc. as well as planning on going myself.

My question is, if you get something like "dolly style" V line with rhino, can it really make you look like a different person as well as the friends and family noticing? How drastic is change? Of course before & after pics on clinic sites, Soyoung etc. make you look very different.. But how realistic si this?
Hi @JessicaCorbyn,

Your family will always be able to recognise you but the officials at Incheon airport and back home may not when you go through passport security. Keep all the evidence you had PS in SK. Saying that, they were pretty relaxed at Incheon on departure and just kept asking is that you? When I showed them my passport with my old face before SK. I have to wait a few years before my passport needs to be renewed. Tempted to change it now but it is such a bureaucratic palaver to change early. Any e passport machine may reject you but there is a line with a human being who asks you why you look different. Travelling with bruises helps as it shows you had surgery? Or were mugged! Lol.

Thanks for the info. I agree with you, your face is very important. I'd love to look the way I want to look. Hope you keep this board updated on your progress when you save enough for surgery. It's always interesting to see people's experiences, and I'd be especially interested to know how someone who wanted lots of procedures got on.

Yeah for sure I will! I wish there were more people doing full face procedures that would share their experiences, so I know how you feel.

I suppose it can make them unrecognizable. It depends how ˝dramatic˝ the changes after surgery are. I don´t know if this story is true or not, but I´ve heard something about how some women who had ps done in Korea had trouble returning to their own countries afterwards because they looked so much different and on their passport photos they looked like a completely different person lol. I guess it all depends on what you want. I´m still kinda new to this whole facial contouring thing so I´m still not exactly sure what I want. I know that I want to have a smaller face lol. I also don´t want a subtle change because I don´t think going through all the pain and paying so much money would be worth of just a subtle change. At the same time I don´t want to have my chin so pointy that people around me in my home country would scream every time I´d pass by them lmao. I just want to look beautiful/more beautiful. I´m not looking for perfection because perfection doesn´t exist. Surgeons are humans just like us and they make mistakes. As long as it´s not a botched surgery and I end up looking better I´ll be happy! :smile:

I heard this happens sometimes at the airport, I do think its true because sometimes ladies have to get new passports. I agree, I don't see the point paying so much money either if the change is only subtle. I am from Germany, where the beauty standard is so different but I prefer the Korean look, but not crazy pointy chin. I am definitely doing dolly though :biggrin:

Here dear. https://www.instagram.com/p/BVG1uASFsL5/

Also take into account that changes to your jaw/chin/zygoma will make a big difference. Some people do double jaw+facial contouring which is HUGE.
Take into note that these 3 parts is like the foundation of your face.

Thank you hun :smile: He does look v different! Some of it is lighting and hair style, but it's an amazing change without any facial contouring.

I was thinking of double jaw but not sure if I need it. I will at least be doing dolly V line and zygoma as well as rhino after, though. I guess my eyes etc will stay same lol, but you're right it is what distinguishes the person.

Since I´m caucasian finding good examples of facial contouring done in Korea on other caucasians is very difficult job for me. To me this is a good example of a dramatic change, but on a caucasian face. (YES, YES I know that Wonjin sucks lol! I would never go there and would never advise anyone to go there. I just saved this because I liked the result and again finding good examples of facial contouring done on non-Asians is pretty difficult D: At least for me.) What do you guys think about this? I have no idea what this girl asked for or was she sponsored or not, but she ended looking really cute and her features look much softer now. I would also love to have softer features.
She looks very different though.

Like the other girl said it's a subtle surgery, multiple things like the V line, eye work and I think I also see slight change to nose. Plus the make up and hair hehe ^.^

Reactions: Yumigumi

Wow that's a lot. I'm also doing FC and the nose, though at separate clinics and trips probably. I heard the recovery process is v tough if you do both at the same time. But there are probably some clinics that are good at both (MVP maybe?) Good luck ^.^

Yeah I heard the guest houses are very good in Seoul, no need for hotel IMHO. Lots of people apparently buy stuff like pumpkin juice bc you can eat it easily after the surgery.

Exactly :smile: It's ur money IMO, to spends how you wish. For me personally I know I could not go through life with this face and the insecurity.

@JessicaCorbyn I had fc at opera
Some do like it dramatic and some natural, i'm in the middle i think

Thank you :smile: did people notice or has trouble recognising after surgery? Especially close friends & family?

I really hope so because I want a new face that will make me able to love myself

You should love urself anyway :smile: xo

Hi @JessicaCorbyn,

Your family will always be able to recognise you but the officials at Incheon airport and back home may not when you go through passport security. Keep all the evidence you had PS in SK. Saying that, they were pretty relaxed at Incheon on departure and just kept asking is that you? When I showed them my passport with my old face before SK. I have to wait a few years before my passport needs to be renewed. Tempted to change it now but it is such a bureaucratic palaver to change early. Any e passport machine may reject you but there is a line with a human being who asks you why you look different. Travelling with bruises helps as it shows you had surgery? Or were mugged! Lol.

Thank you :smile: so the clinic contract etc.? I am changing my passport as soon as I am home to Germany I think as I travel a lot. I suppose the bruises would help! Haha. But I'd rather they fade faster. :P

I don't want to look too recognisable tbh in that I want the drastic changes if I'm paying so much moneys. :biggrin:

Wow that's a lot. I'm also doing FC and the nose, though at separate clinics and trips probably. I heard the recovery process is v tough if you do both at the same time. But there are probably some clinics that are good at both (MVP maybe?) Good luck ^.^

Yeah I heard the guest houses are very good in Seoul, no need for hotel IMHO. Lots of people apparently buy stuff like pumpkin juice bc you can eat it easily after the surgery.

Exactly :smile: It's ur money IMO, to spends how you wish. For me personally I know I could not go through life with this face and the insecurity.

Yeah, it will be a while before I have enough money for everything. MVP is one of the clinics I am considering, but I am not sure yet, I will probably visit many clinics and get consultations before I decide. It'll be tricky to find a clinic where I can do all the procedures at - for my nose and facial contouring, I want a really natural result; but for my eyes, I want a dolly look. I know that many people would separate the procedures, but I really won't have the money or time to go to Korea multiple times.

Yeah, guest houses in Korea are really cheap but also very clean and organized - not like the cheap motels you would find in North America. :smile:

I've got a few friends who are thinking of going for V line, rhino etc. as well as planning on going myself.

My question is, if you get something like "dolly style" V line with rhino, can it really make you look like a different person as well as the friends and family noticing? How drastic is change? Of course before & after pics on clinic sites, Soyoung etc. make you look very different.. But how realistic si this?
I have done both V line & rhino. From my experience, I look
unrecognisable to an extent that I needed to get my ID card and passport renewed coz i got consistently questioned if i was the person in the photo at customs clearance points. But I have looked unrecognisable in a good way so I don't mind that at all.