Does Portobello bag come in chanel box?

rito511

O.G.
Jun 13, 2008
Dear Portobello owners....

Can you please advise if the bag comes in regular chanel box (hard cover box)?

I just got mine today from NM (out of state) and it comes with soft cover box and no receipt :tdown:

If it does, is it ok to exchange it to the hard cover one at local neiman marcus store? Im afraid that they need to re-do the purchase, then i have to pay sales tax :crybaby:

Thanks

I don't own a Portobello but I know some larger sized bags come in different boxes. I heard of this before and noticed it personally when I had to pick up Love Bow bag for my sis in the spring. Instead of usual black top box, it came in much softer white box. Since Portobellos are larger than Love Bow bags, I'm guessing the white box you got is the right one.

i bought mine (in black and beige) at the chanel boutique in chicago. they had it shipped to my home (that way i could avoid paying the chicago tax!) and it came with the soft black box.

did u receive the authenticity card with ur portobello bag? i bought mine from saks and didn't come with the card..

There was no authenticity card with the bag???????? I thought they all came with the card when you bought it new from Chanel store or a dept. store that carries Chanel such as Saks and Neiman M.....is that not true? (I know on ebay sometimes the seller states there is no card.) Okay...guess I need to go to go to the reference threads...But, I am gong to be checking back here for other members comments for sure!!! Definitely gotta' know that detail. I did not know you might not get the card.

thanks for ur help. yes i checked all the pkts. no my bag didn't come with the authenticity card and when i called my sa @ saks(ny) he said he would give me the card when i stop by. however, i don't know how he can possibly give me the card when the bag is shipped from different saks(beverly hills). the card he has is probably from different bag and i don't see the point of having the card if it has different serial # from my actual bag.