Does my new Bal bag look dry?

soulfly

lil e
O.G.
Jun 12, 2006
Hey All!

I just bought my first bal bag!! Super stoked as I have been eyeing on it for quite some time now and I finally pulled the trigger! The bag I wanted was not available in Canada so I ended up ordering it online.

I bought a city I'm wondering if the sides of the bag looks dry. The rest of the bag seems fine, but I have been browsing through these threads and I'm wondering if I should buy the honey leather conditioner. The tag shows "k" so I'm assuming it was made in F/W 2012.

Would it be noticeable if I only applied the conditioner on the sides of the bags? Or should I apply it to the entire bag?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!! :smile:

Attachments

• 2014-08-14 09.13.59_resized.jpg
    2014-08-14 09.13.59_resized.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 2014-08-14 09.15.09_resized.jpg
    2014-08-14 09.15.09_resized.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 2014-08-14 09.16.30_resized.jpg
    2014-08-14 09.16.30_resized.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 425
Hey All!

I just bought my first bal bag!! Super stoked as I have been eyeing on it for quite some time now and I finally pulled the trigger! The bag I wanted was not available in Canada so I ended up ordering it online.

I bought a city I'm wondering if the sides of the bag looks dry. The rest of the bag seems fine, but I have been browsing through these threads and I'm wondering if I should buy the honey leather conditioner. The tag shows "k" so I'm assuming it was made in F/W 2012.

Would it be noticeable if I only applied the conditioner on the sides of the bags? Or should I apply it to the entire bag?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!! :smile:

The following is just my opinion, but is based on some experience.

It doesn't look particularly dry to me, just nice an wrinkly! If you want it to smooth out a bit, especially if the rest of the bag is less wrinkly, I'd first try a less extreme product, just to soften it. I'd try Apple Leather Conditioner, or one of the LMB conditioners before putting leather honey on a new bag. Slather it on, let it dry and then buff with a soft cloth.

IMO, the Leather Honey's effect is to darken rather than soften, or even moisten, and even that usually is fleeting. If it looks veiny to you however, LH might darken the light veins, especially with repeated applications.

I have bought all kinds of stuff to condition my bags. Leather Honey, LMB products and Balenciaga Nourishing Cream to name a few. I used LH on my Vert Poker First because it was too veiny and I wanted it to soften those white lines and it did. I used LMB Conditioner on my super dry 2014 Jaune Poussin City and it did almost nothing (although I used more than 3 coats). It depends on how much dry it is (if it is and it is not just wrinkly). I wouldn't put anything very strong on it though as it looks ok to me. But you can touch it and feel it better so if it really is too dry to you, try the LMB products first and see what they do. It doesn't matter if you use them only on the sides, the difference won't be visible.

The following is just my opinion, but is based on some experience.

It doesn't look particularly dry to me, just nice an wrinkly! If you want it to smooth out a bit, especially if the rest of the bag is less wrinkly, I'd first try a less extreme product, just to soften it. I'd try Apple Leather Conditioner, or one of the LMB conditioners before putting leather honey on a new bag. Slather it on, let it dry and then buff with a soft cloth.

IMO, the Leather Honey's effect is to darken rather than soften, or even moisten, and even that usually is fleeting. If it looks veiny to you however, LH might darken the light veins, especially with repeated applications.

Thank you for the reply. I didn't know that the leather honey was to darken it, not to soften it. I don't know why I got that impression. I think i'm going to buy the Apple Leather Conditioner and try it out. I did finally take my bag out and it's completely fine. I think I was just being paranoid :smile:

I have bought all kinds of stuff to condition my bags. Leather Honey, LMB products and Balenciaga Nourishing Cream to name a few. I used LH on my Vert Poker First because it was too veiny and I wanted it to soften those white lines and it did. I used LMB Conditioner on my super dry 2014 Jaune Poussin City and it did almost nothing (although I used more than 3 coats). It depends on how much dry it is (if it is and it is not just wrinkly). I wouldn't put anything very strong on it though as it looks ok to me. But you can touch it and feel it better so if it really is too dry to you, try the LMB products first and see what they do. It doesn't matter if you use them only on the sides, the difference won't be visible.

Thanks for the helpful tips! I actually haven't read much about the LMB products, so far it's mainly the Apple leather and the honey, but I'm going to look up the LMB products. I guess to touch, it's not really dry but it just looks like it IMO, but I guess since this is my first Bal, I don't really know what it should look like. Maybe I'll wear her out more (this is her 3rd day out) and see how it goes!! Thanks again!

Thanks for the helpful tips! I actually haven't read much about the LMB products, so far it's mainly the Apple leather and the honey, but I'm going to look up the LMB products. I guess to touch, it's not really dry but it just looks like it IMO, but I guess since this is my first Bal, I don't really know what it should look like. Maybe I'll wear her out more (this is her 3rd day out) and see how it goes!! Thanks again!

You're welcome!