Does it matter to you where your LVs are made?

keb7332-- LOL funny story! I loooove the speedy! So cute.

Lishie--I know how u feel...for whatever reason, I would much rather have a 'made in france' one. Spain wouldn't be bad, either. For some reason, I just do not like the idea of getting one that is made in the US...LOL I just don't know why i feel that way, though!!

Not at all.. in fact, the bags that I just bought in France were made in Spain (kind of strange isn't it ?). A LV is a LV is a LV ! ;)

Yes, I think LVs made in France are slightly better in quality than those that are made in USA. My first Louis was a Trotteur (made in USA) and compared to all the others from France...you can see a major difference on the leather's sides (the red part). The red staining on the Trotteur was poorly made because the sides were scratchy and the staining was UNEVEN!!!

Personally, I prefer my LV's to be made in France. It simply doesnt make sense to me to purchase a "supposed to be Made in France bag" thta was really made in the U.S or Spain . It just feels more special knowing that my bag had to make such a long trip from France just to get to me:yes:

i'm from Australia all the LV items in our boutiques are either made in France or Spain .. so all my LV items are made in France or Spain ..

but the thing is .. i'm really really wanting to buy something that is made in USA .. :lol: just so i can have something that says made in USA on it ..

LVaddict! said:
They make stuff in the US? That would be like buying a Ferrari made in the US.....Nah, couldn't do it.

That's basically how I feel. LV is a French company so I prefer the bags that are made in France. My first LV was a Speedy I bought in Vegas and I was kind of disappointed when I saw that it was made in the US. It's not something I check before I buy a bag but if I had the choice I would choose France first, then Spain. The US would be my last choice.

I guess it really does not matter, but I think I do prefer to have a bag made or designed by a french company to be made in France.

I know some lines are made in Spain, blah, blah, but given a choice, I think I choose France