Does Hermes refurbish vintage kelly

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
i am in dilemna whether to buy vintage hermes bags --do they refurbish it???
do the vintage bags also have the year number on their bags???I am interested in a vintage kelly ,hence this problem
TIA

Vintage? Did someone say......vintage??????

Oh Lordy.....vintage bags can be absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

32cm Black Box Kelly with Gold - 32 years old
32cm Toile/Black Box Kelly with Gold - 30 years old
28cm Havanne Porosus Croc Kelly with Gold - late 50's

:love:

Attachments

• _MG_3123V2.jpg
    _MG_3123V2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Vintage.jpg
    Vintage.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 312
Hello
I am brand new to this forum. A friend of mine gave me two vintage hermes bags to sell on ebay. In no case I want to sell a faked bag. My friend bought each bag for $ 4000 (used )a few years ago. The black one looks exactly like yours ! ( picture MG 3123V2.jpg) . I am puzzled because I can not find a stamp with any letters on the back of the two front buckle straps. Also the zipper on the inside does not have an H but it says eclair. The quality of the lock and keys is not so great and it says 020 and no Hermes. Can you help me ? Is this bag a fake ? I hope not , it is georgeous and would make somebody very happy once it is refurbished.
Thanks for your help. PS The other bag I can not find anywhere, can I send you a picture of it ?
Katja
Picture of the black one is attached

Attachments

• Hermes-Bag.jpg
    Hermes-Bag.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Hello
I am brand new to this forum. A friend of mine gave me two vintage hermes bags to sell on ebay. In no case I want to sell a faked bag. My friend bought each bag for $ 4000 (used )a few years ago. The black one looks exactly like yours ! ( picture MG 3123V2.jpg) . I am puzzled because I can not find a stamp with any letters on the back of the two front buckle straps. Also the zipper on the inside does not have an H but it says eclair. The quality of the lock and keys is not so great and it says 020 and no Hermes. Can you help me ? Is this bag a fake ? I hope not , it is georgeous and would make somebody very happy once it is refurbished.
Thanks for your help. PS The other bag I can not find anywhere, can I send you a picture of it ?
Katja
Picture of the black one is attached

Welcome to tPF!! We have a special thread just for authenticating. Here is a link. You can write your question in that section. They will need more pictures, though, in order to give you an accurate answer.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/authenticate-this-hermes-302467-67.html#post6821105