Does having a lot of knock off's around bother you?

PinayRN

llovebags
O.G.
Jun 1, 2011
Hi ladies! I sold all my LV's since i got turned off with all the AAA replicas out there. i said to my self why should i spend money on something that is easily copied for cheap! Im also wondering why LV has not been more vigilant about stopping this.

Lately i have been lurking around and is now thinking of getting an artsy empriente in ombre or infini.

Please share your thoughts about this. TIA!

It's never bothered me, I buy my bags for me, not to impress other people, so if people think mine are fake or want to use fakes themselves, that's their business. So seeing fakes or lots of girls carrying the same bag as me doesn't irritate me at all.
The problem with counterfeit items is that it is on an international scale and while LV might try and and stamp it out, the industry is too big to tackle effectively. Plus, LV is still making a very hearty profit despite the fakes... they're therefore not quite as motivated to try and stop the fakes.

The empriente line is lovely and the artsy looks fab, if you really like it go for it! :smile:

It is a little annoying, but like others have said I buy my bags for me too. What others do is their own business. Plus no other brand attracts me like LV does, even Balenciaga or Chanel.

I don't buy fake designer bags for ethical reasons but it doesn't bother me if others do. I think of this issue as similar to say being a vegan (because some of them don't care what others do and others want to 'convert' everyone). To each their own - and in some situations I would feel safer if people think my LV is fake!

I don't buy fake designer bags for ethical reasons but it doesn't bother me if others do. I think of this issue as similar to say being a vegan (because some of them don't care what others do and others want to 'convert' everyone). To each their own - and in some situations I would feel safer if people think my LV is fake!

I totally agree with this! I know mine are real, but I don't care if others do or not - and I prefer they think they're fake when I use the subway, etc! :lol: Most knockoffs where I live are terrible quality and so far off that it's just laughable and not annoying!

I don't mind. Makes my bags go under the radar. I remember several threads on tpf where someone's bag wasn't stolen but their jewelry was taken or their money was taken and wallet not taken because the robber probably thought it was fake. Probably makes us safer.

lower income people can't tell the difference.

once i figured this out-mainly from them telling me, i stopped being so judgemental.

i used to be hardcore "i hate fakes-you're supporting the black market"

but then i joined the purse forum....

THAnK YOU, tpf's!!

i really appreciate this community...

i purchase my bags because i love them, but i have to admit i also want people to like my choices....

so it really would offend me when women gave me the hateful look of envy or jealousy-or actual pure hatred from vegan enthusiasts because my bag had real leather...

i guess i grew up alot this past year, and none of it matters to me anymore.

when i am at home, i enjoy looking at the beautiful details of my authentic peices..i know other women with fakes probably toss their bag in a corner of the closet, but i appreciate the skill and design that went into my bags.that is what i paid for-the joy and beauty....and it is mine alone to relish in.

when i meet someone who also enjoys bags, and they see that i have a real one that they covet-it thrills me..it makes it more worthwhile for me to get a genuine peice.

also, you would be surprised at how many women carry fakes but don't know they are fakes!

to some women, finding a 50 dollar louis vuitton sounds like a very expensive bargain, and they may not even know there is a website to purchase the same bag for 800 dollars... this is what i found out from one young lady who was bragging about her flea market find.she really just had no clue about the true "expensive" price-she told me her other bags are from fashion bug and it was her first expensive bag-at 50 bucks!

i didn't have the heart to tell her it was fake, or the true cost of her bag...i just smiled in my head that i am lucky enough to afford the real deal, and i am not hurting anyone.

i also want to add that ever since i've been moving around to different parts of the country prior to settling in to my current city, i have come to find that many women are purchasing fakes simply because they don't have access to the "real deal" other than online-and believe it or not, many people in many parts of america do not have home computers or the internet.shocking! and some people still don't have bank accounts!
crazy, yes...

sometimes when i go visit other parts of the country with my bag, girls will compliment my bag and say "i wish I had a real one.mine is fake-at least the leather on yours turns colors"...

i then try to tell them about the website, yet that is when i find out they don't have the same means to get what they truely want.so yes-it bothers me that there are so many fakes, but not to the point that i will stop carrying mine.

when women ask to see my bag up close, i know they are asking out of genuine curiosity and appreciation.it is not every day that they see a real louis vuitton, so i feel like i am doing the community a huge service.

of course, at my house, it is a different story.almost everyone around my neighborhood has luxury bags, so nobody even cares, and now i don't care either.

louis vuitton stock makes 19 million dollars every year, maybe that is why they don't do much to stop counterfeits...though it would be great if they could put a holographic tag in their items like chanel...even uggs have a holographic tag now.

any year now, louis vuitton will get more security measures-i hope.

once i figured this out-mainly from them telling me, i stopped being so judgemental.........

I don't think ones income has anything to do with the ability to tell the difference. :smile:

It's a matter of educatiion of the brand and what to look for. Ignorance is free.

There are plenty of very wealthy people out there with no interest in bags whatsoever - that couldn't tell a Fendi from an LV if it hit them in the face, let alone a fake LV from an authentic.

Likewise, there are plenty of women out there (and probably on this forum, but who's to judge?) who live slightly above the poverty line, but scrimp and save for handbags - managing to live rent free at home, or surviving on ramen noodles. But they could give a fashion editor a run for her money when it came to date code knowledge.

I totally agree with both of the above posters. I was basically repeating the same excuse I get for why particular women around me are okay with their fake bags and wallets.
I didn't mean to offend anyone here with that statement, I apologize. I just never run into anybody with money who tells me I should purchase a fake instead. I'm sure those women exist in higher incomes, I just have not met them yet. :sad:

Last edited: