Does Dirtyphonebook.com make you feel angry?

Just saw this website http://www.dirtyphonebook.com/ where people are posting anonymous comments about peoples phone numbers.

Between people exposing criminals and deadbeats, their are prostitute reviews, personal attacks, and other crazy things.

Why would somebody make something like this?

Is this a good idea?

Too many people have my phone number unfortunately and I can't change it. (I'm a realtor).

Oh boy...

What the heck??? Never even heard of this site. :shrugs:

Who cares what random people with nothing to do on their hands post online about phone numbers????

There are much bigger things in life to get upset about, really, so don't concern yourself with this, seriously.

Yea, that's bizarre. I have better things to do than go around signing up for a site so I can leave random comments about people's phone numbers. Seriously, wtf?

I don't really understand what it is. You
put someone's phone number up there
and then say bad things about them?
Seems like jr. high to me, but that's
just my little opinion!

well you are just perpetuating the thing by posting the link here. why would you do that if you think its so disgusting? I seriously don't get the whole thing and would have never heard of it if you had not posted about it.

The Internet has spawned millions of sites like this, where socially dysfunctional people can lash out and victimize others under the safe cover of anonymity. There are some real scary haters out there who used to have to keep their nastiness to themselves but now can spew it at will all over the www. It's disgusting and sometimes disturbing but if I never look at those sites, which I don't, I don't have to worry about what these losers are saying and if they're saying it about me. Ignorance really is bliss, sometimes.

Maybe it's a lead generation ploy to collect people's phone numbers then resell them to companies for telemarketing purposes. wouldn't surprise me since the apparent purpose of the site is almost too silly/pointless to believe.