Does anyone use Poshmark?

I just purchased a fake pair of Valentinos on Poshmark :sad: The bottoms and inner labels looked okay, but there's no inside serial number. The box is authentic though, and the bottoms and inner valentinos were almost identical to the real ones. I didn't check this out in time, and Posh already released the seller's earnings. The seller has some other high end things listed in their closet, but these are fake. Is a credit card chargeback my only option?

I just purchased a fake pair of Valentinos on Poshmark :sad: The bottoms and inner labels looked okay, but there's no inside serial number. The box is authentic though, and the bottoms and inner valentinos were almost identical to the real ones. I didn't check this out in time, and Posh already released the seller's earnings. The seller has some other high end things listed in their closet, but these are fake. Is a credit card chargeback my only option?
I don't know the brand or the shoes but did you post here to verify your suspicions?
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-valentino.649683/

It's always a good idea to confirm before accusing and disputing.

And believe me! I'm not a Poshmark supporter!

Send them an email. My friend was able to dispute an authenticity claim after the funds were released because she couldn’t get to a store within the 3 days to compare. CS ended up refunding her money and asking her to ship the item back to the seller. Not sure if they pull the funds from the seller or just take the loss themselves.

I was looking at sold listings on posh yesterday for pricing comps (I was listing val shoes) and saw someone bought a pair of fake rockstud flats for $475. :sad:

These are them, 99% sure they are fake: https://poshmark.com/listing/NEW-VALENTINO-ROCKSTUD-NUDE-FLATS-5b396efebaebf6dc8061ab27

Did Posh tell you they couldn't do anything because they already released the earnings? Sometimes they will just eat the cost and refund you as a courtesy. You might have to send them in to them for authentication though.

Last edited:
I don't know the brand or the shoes but did you post here to verify your suspicions?

There's also a separate thread just for Val shoes in the shoe forum. The person there seems to respond sooner than in the main thread:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...d-1st-page-before-posting-no-chatting.907413/

Reactions: BeenBurned

There's no serial number, and I compared the fonts to the real thing and it just looks a little off. I had a bad gut feeling when I received them, but wasn't able to compare them to the real thing until yesterday. I've posted in the Valentino shoe authentication thread just to get a second opinion. The seller claimed they were authentic but now is saying they were selling them "for a friend".

Send them an email. My friend was able to dispute an authenticity claim after the funds were released because she couldn’t get to a store within the 3 days to compare. CS ended up refunding her money and asking her to ship the item back to the seller. Not sure if they pull the funds from the seller or just take the loss themselves.
I've sent them an email, but their CS is terrible (which is why I prefer to buy/sell mostly on Ebay, but there are better deals to be found on PM) and they sometimes either take a long time to respond to emails or never respond at all.

I was looking at sold listings on posh yesterday for pricing comps (I was listing val shoes) and saw someone bought a pair of fake rockstud flats for $475. :sad:

These are them, 99% sure they are fake: https://poshmark.com/listing/NEW-VALENTINO-ROCKSTUD-NUDE-FLATS-5b396efebaebf6dc8061ab27

Did Posh tell you they couldn't do anything because they already released the earnings? Sometimes they will just eat the cost and refund you as a courtesy. You might have to send them in to them for authentication though.
I'm willing to send them in, and I'm still waiting on their reply. I buy and sell on PM fairly frequently, and usually catch counterfeits. This was just a busy week for me and there wasn't anything I could strongly point to that was fake.

There's also a separate thread just for Val shoes in the shoe forum. The person there seems to respond sooner than in the main thread:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...d-1st-page-before-posting-no-chatting.907413/
Thank you! I've posted on that thread :smile:

Reactions: MyAwesomeFinds
Thanks for that link. I knew Val shoes were done separately from the regular shoes authentication (Glass slipper) thread. But I couldn't find the correct one in my quickie search.
Those look like definite fakes to me. Font on the label is wrong and some of the studs are not straight.

ETA I have authentic rockstud ballerinas from a trusted source that do not have a serial number inside. That is not the giveaway. It's the font, and the stamp placement on the sole is also off.

Last edited:
There's no serial number, and I compared the fonts to the real thing and it just looks a little off. I had a bad gut feeling when I received them, but wasn't able to compare them to the real thing until yesterday. I've posted in the Valentino shoe authentication thread just to get a second opinion. The seller claimed they were authentic but now is saying they were selling them "for a friend".

I've sent them an email, but their CS is terrible (which is why I prefer to buy/sell mostly on Ebay, but there are better deals to be found on PM) and they sometimes either take a long time to respond to emails or never respond at all.

I'm willing to send them in, and I'm still waiting on their reply. I buy and sell on PM fairly frequently, and usually catch counterfeits. This was just a busy week for me and there wasn't anything I could strongly point to that was fake.

Thank you! I've posted on that thread :smile:
oops i hit reply to the wrong person, but i just posted above that I definitely think those shoes are fake.

Those look like definite fakes to me. Font on the label is wrong and some of the studs are not straight.

ETA I have authentic rockstud ballerinas from a trusted source that do not have a serial number inside. That is not the giveaway. It's the font, and the stamp placement on the sole is also off.
Thanks for letting me know! I definitely didn't take a close enough look, and now I'm paying for it. Poshmark still hasn't replied, but I guess they use 24 hours as their SLA