Does anyone use Poshmark?

thanks... thats why I am posting on here, I don't really know how the site is used. I will reply with the counteroffer (which I have not seen/used yet).

My other question is about shares. I got a few hundred followers right away just by listing. PM does seem to have a lot of traffic at any rate. I have only a few shares because I am so new. You are supposed to share from somebody's closet whenever they share one of yours? What do you do- just look in their closet and find the thing you like and "share on poshmark"? Seems like that would take a lot of time every day.

Also at least for me, PM's search is as bad as Tradesy right now. Search on DOMA jackets, a bunch of purses come up. things like that. Unless my listings are not coming up because they are new, no one will find my stuff (which is the same problem I have with Tradesy).

The sharing isnt required, it's just "polite". You can choose to share as much or as little as you like. I used to share all the time, but it never really helped my sales so I stopped.

You can sort your search by category, brand, price, etc... people can find your stuff if they know how to organize their searching. Takes a little practice but I find it to be pretty easy :smile:

I wouldn't be insulted by lowball offers. As a buyer, you have to put in way lower than what you want to pay because when you put in a reasonable offer ($3 or $5 lower than asking price) there are sellers who want to diddle around to make a couple dollars. I know the 20% is a lot on the sellers end, but the $6.50 shipping is substantial for buyers.

I usually watch items until the seller drops to a price they are comfortable selling and then just buy it. Because I want a pleasant transaction, not one where seller is upset about a 'lowball' first offer or fighting for those couple extra dollars.

Sorry for the bonehead question, but how to do you where these "parties" are? I just upated a listing and when I saved it, there was an option to share to the summer style party. But I can't see how to join this party/ There is nothing like that on my feed, that I can see- of course it could be way down there- this site is WAY NOISY...

Sorry for the bonehead question, but how to do you where these "parties" are? I just upated a listing and when I saved it, there was an option to share to the summer style party. But I can't see how to join this party/ There is nothing like that on my feed, that I can see- of course it could be way down there- this site is WAY NOISY...

At the bottom of your screen on the red bar, click the magnifying glass icon that says "shop". On that page are some categories, the fourth one down is "Parties". You can join any current parties and see what parties are upcoming. Hope that helps!

Reactions: MahoganyQT
Are you using the app? Some things won't appear when using an internet browser. In the app, i can find parties from the shop tab. Parties is the fourth heading down on mine.

Reactions: MahoganyQT
Are you using the app? Some things won't appear when using an internet browser. In the app, i can find parties from the shop tab. Parties is the fourth heading down on mine.
At the bottom of your screen on the red bar, click the magnifying glass icon that says "shop". On that page are some categories, the fourth one down is "Parties". You can join any current parties and see what parties are upcoming. Hope that helps!

LOL, thanks yes I am using the app... I was able to find these parties on the browser- there is a "parties" menu in the banner on the browser, but i couldn't find it it on the app, and honestly if you had not pointed it out on the <shop> menu, it probably would have taken me eons to locate it... thanks!!!
So far I am enjoying using PM... there are a lot of neat features... I'm not a big seller so I don't expect too many sales but a few are fine..

Reactions: MahoganyQT and rkiz
I like Poshmark but there are some snarky ladies on there. I put a couple of Louboutins, brand new, and they were making fun of my listing. I just ignored them as I ended up selling them at the prices I originally wanted. Right now I've got tons of high end stuff on them and I do have the highest ratings but for my Valentinos, Louboutins and Celines, I tend to sell more quickly on Vestiare. I had someone lowball offer me on my Anya Hindmarch items and mind you my stuff are all brand new but I just ignore them. I mean they are reasonable.

I had one chick keep pestering me for one item and lol she wore me out I guess I felt bad for her and eventually caved in but no more.

Reactions: Prettyn
Has anyone been seeing an influx of more fake profiles commenting right after you put an item up for sale? I just listed 20 or so designer items today and I had 4-5 profiles all with fake gibberish usernames saying:

"Hello,how much is it ? kindly text me on {insert email} to let me know the firm price...Regards"

or

"Email me the final price and more pictures reply to {insert email} Asap"

or

"Hello.how are you doing is your still Available for sale? I'm much interested in buying the item from you kindly get back to me at (insert email)..Thanks..."

Has anyone been seeing an influx of more fake profiles commenting right after you put an item up for sale? I just listed 20 or so designer items today and I had 4-5 profiles all with fake gibberish usernames saying:

"Hello,how much is it ? kindly text me on {insert email} to let me know the firm price...Regards"

or

or

"Hello.how are you doing is your still Available for sale? I'm much interested in buying the item from you kindly get back to me at (insert email)..Thanks..."

Yep, I've gotten a lot of those messages as well. I recently listed a higher end item and someone asked me to email them with my lowest price, etc. When I blocked the person, I immediately got another message with identical wording from another username. I blocked that one as well and got yet another message from a third username. I'm assuming it was the same person each time.

or

or

It happens all the time. They are scammers.

Reactions: cdtracing

or

or

Yes! It's really bad. I just report them all.

or

or

Yes, I block them immediately and report them as spam.

OK I have been on Poshmark for a few days now. I also have a TON of those "email me at xxx" comments (see below).
I'm happy with the amt of engagement with my listings- this is the kind of feedback PM offers that you don't get from other sites like ebay, all ebay tells you is how many watchers but that isn't too useful. So I would say PM is a step above the other etail sites for their use of social media....

HOWEVER........................

I have a huge problem with the amt of these lowball offers I am getting and no way to shut if off. I got an offer of $70 for something listed at $149, today an offer of $90 for $149, a whole bunch of these, absolutely no offer was more than 60% of my asking price. I'm the type of seller who doesn't deal because I am not a professional seller. I just wait for things to sell or slowly drop prices. I really wish PM had a way of turning these offers off. I've already received a "Poshmark tip"... drive more sales by counteroffering... not really worth it starting from this low imho.

PM comments.JPG

OK I have been on Poshmark for a few days now. I also have a TON of those "email me at xxx" comments (see below).
I'm happy with the amt of engagement with my listings- this is the kind of feedback PM offers that you don't get from other sites like ebay, all ebay tells you is how many watchers but that isn't too useful. So I would say PM is a step above the other etail sites for their use of social media....

HOWEVER........................

I have a huge problem with the amt of these lowball offers I am getting and no way to shut if off. I got an offer of $70 for something listed at $149, today an offer of $90 for $149, a whole bunch of these, absolutely no offer was more than 60% of my asking price. I'm the type of seller who doesn't deal because I am not a professional seller. I just wait for things to sell or slowly drop prices. I really wish PM had a way of turning these offers off. I've already received a "Poshmark tip"... drive more sales by counteroffering... not really worth it starting from this low imho.

View attachment 3767760

Haha some of the usernames are the same for what i was getting today!

I personally always counteroffer (even if the offer is unreasonable.) Some people just want to feel like they are getting a deal- same as ebay. When I sell on eBay i always offer BO for this reason, and just mark my price up higher. For example, the person who is offering 90 for something you have listed at 149 *might* not be a bad buyer, just wanting to feel you out for what you would be willing to take. I had someone offer 100 for something I had up for 140 last week. We met at an even 120, which is what I wanted to get from the get-go.

Reactions: Prettyn
One thing that's never personally happened to me on Poshmark before today was being blocked! I purchased a pair of TB Revas for a fair price for the seller's asking. Hours later, sale gets cancelled. I went to the listing almost right after to ask if there is something wrong with the shoes or she will be relisting, and I'm blocked! The seller was probably upset she didn't ask for more in the beginning (even though I did pay a fair price for a used pair, I would have maybe paid at most $10 more.) What's silly is if she had said something like I'd like more money I wouldn't be mad. In fact, there was two other pair of shoes I would have bought if the sale for the revas worked out great. If only the seller knew that. :P