Does anyone use Poshmark?

I just bought a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag on eBay two days ago via "buy it now" and after a day of not getting any sort of shipping notification I finally received a message from the seller saying they are "out of town and won't be back for months" and then they canceled my purchase and refunded my money. I am so bummed about it. I can't find that same bag in the same very good condition except on Poshmark. I am a HUGE ebayer, I am constantly buying there, so using poshmark has me a little nervous. The seller I am looking at seems well liked... I don't even know what my point is (I can't sleep, it's 5:30am and I've been awake for 2 hours ) but I guess I need some reassurance before I spend $$$ on poshmark!

I've had a lot of success buying there but I have been scammed a few times too. When you go to her page click on "About" to see her selling history and to be sure I would ask for specific photos so she can take pictures to show the present condition. I had someone sell me a Tiffany bracelet that was old and broken but her photos showed a bracelet that looked new.
I would be cautious but I wouldn't worry too much though. Good luck.

Reactions: greysdulce
I've had a lot of success buying there but I have been scammed a few times too. When you go to her page click on "About" to see her selling history and to be sure I would ask for specific photos so she can take pictures to show the present condition. I had someone sell me a Tiffany bracelet that was old and broken but her photos showed a bracelet that looked new.
I would be cautious but I wouldn't worry too much though. Good luck.

Thank you, I do see that she has sold 57 things on poshmark. It's a lot different than with eBay where you can see each transaction history. I found one on eBay but the seller has never sold anything before which scares me! So maybe I will just hold off on both...

Yep her closet was suspended. It says she has 262 listings and then at the bottom the listings aren't there.

Her user name is kristta12kristy
I'm not sure this will help but I'm sending you a PM with a cache to her (previous) listings. You should save the page because it may not be viewable much longer.

If you tell me what you bought from her, I may be able to find a cache of that listing.

Reactions: LolaCalifornia
Ugh, the scam accounts are getting out of control. Normally I'd list an item and get one message when it first goes up. I just listed something 10 minutes ago, and got 4 messages from different accounts asking me to email them.

The only positive (I guess) is that the accounts seem to get deleted almost immediately once I report and block the account.

I purchased a pair of shoes with an offer and now the (new) seller commented on one of my listings saying that "it's way too low" and that he thought he didn't know about fees and thought he could sell it off Posh? I asked him to just cancel the order but he hasn't. Granted, it's only been an hour, but he was quick to say he wasn't going to ship it and I told him I wanted a refund right after that...

I opened a claim on PayPal and sent Poshmark's customer service an email with screenshots of it all. Has something like this happened to anyone else? Anything I should know to make SURE I get my money back? What a pain.

I purchased a pair of shoes with an offer and now the (new) seller commented on one of my listings saying that "it's way too low" and that he thought he didn't know about fees and thought he could sell it off Posh? I asked him to just cancel the order but he hasn't. Granted, it's only been an hour, but he was quick to say he wasn't going to ship it and I told him I wanted a refund right after that...

I opened a claim on PayPal and sent Poshmark's customer service an email with screenshots of it all. Has something like this happened to anyone else? Anything I should know to make SURE I get my money back? What a pain.

After a week of nonshipment you will have the option to cancel. Hopefully the seller or poshmark will cancel for you before then though!

I think you can cancel within an hour. Or maybe even 3 hours. Seller also has option to cancel outside this window so you can have them cancel it. If neither of those are options (too long or seller won't cancel for you) contact posh directly. You can cancel through the app without posh support after 7 days but I'd try to cancel sooner. I wouldn't let them have any of my money for free for any period of time lol!

Thanks ladies! Also, fun fact: you can't cancel your purchase because if you try to do "accidental purchase" if you bought it with an offer and not the list price. Meanwhile, the only other options are "Order is Delayed" (response: wait), "Order Not as Described" (response: still in process). Here's to dealing with Posh's customer support, UGH.

Thanks ladies! Also, fun fact: you can't cancel your purchase because if you try to do "accidental purchase" if you bought it with an offer and not the list price. Meanwhile, the only other options are "Order is Delayed" (response: wait), "Order Not as Described" (response: still in process). Here's to dealing with Posh's customer support, UGH.

Ahhhh... the offer!! Totally overlooked that important detail! My bad...

I can't believe seller accepted then totally backed out, then doesn't cancel it on their end for you (since they're the one that isn't agreeing to the sale).

Good luck with support--hopefully they do something about it faster than the 7 days it's going to take to cancel it for not being shipped!

Hi just want to add my experience, not about the normal buy/sell but the personal check scam.
the two scammers reached out to me within 2 min i posted my items (i also just joined right there and then) so i responded to them but had my doubt. anyway, though i didn't fall for them but i gave out my address which got me a little paranoid but i live in a doorman building so i think i should be okay. will let my management know not to let any strangers in re my APT.

why can't those scammers find a normal job and make a normal living?! ugh this is so annoying....

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/poshmark-personal-check-transaction.966836/

i think the scammers already mailed me the check. what should i do when i receive the fake check? contact the police or contact the federal trade commission?? one of the scammers kept texting me. i am not sure what is the most effective, i want that person to go to jail.