does anyone own the chanel executive?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,
    I'm interested in buying the chanel executive (aka the Cerf) - A15206 for work and possibly weekend. Is it heavy? Thanks!!!

2. The bag itself isn't heavy, since it has no chains. But, it can hold a ton of stuff and is a great bag for work. I usually don't use the snap-in insert. The shoulder strap is removable, so I keep it in the bag in case I need to use. It served me very well on a day trip to NY a few weeks ago. I had a book, a shawl, water, all my stuff and it got really heavy, but it has served me very well. It's a good work bag because it's a very "quiet" Chanel bag. Not flashy. Just right.
    --Judy

3. I have it in white. I really like it! I don't think it is heavy at all. It has just taken me a little while to get used to a handheld/crook of you arm bag. It is cute and really simple which is great!

4. I find it heavy after several hours of use. It's heavier than any of my other bags. I use mine with out the shoulder strap and interior pouch.
    That being said, it's elegant and a workhorse of a bag and holds a ton of stuff!

5. I had to sell mine because it was too heavy for me.

Such a shame though, because I really loved it :crybaby:

6. i think its a lot lighter than the gst ...
    i love the cerf ~ its practical & pretty
    IMHO...

7. The cerf is perfect for what you want it for! It's very classic, and it does indeed hold a LOT! If you do happen to fill it up with several things, it will get heavy. I find with just a couple items it's alright but if I put too many things in it can get a little heavy. Although it does come with the extra strap to wear across your body so if you do need to fill it with a lot, that strap will make it easier to carry! Otherwise, the bag is excellent and you will be using it for years and years to come! :smile: I love mine!

8. #8 Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    I wonder if you have the first season Cerf? It was originally made in deerskin and after customers complained to s/a's that it was too heavy, Chanel replaced the deerskin with a pebbled calfskin and kept the name Cerf.

My dark brown Cerf from the Fall 07 season is very light in weight.

9. I just bought a beige cerf off ebay. I'll let you know if it's heavy or not.. but I have tried them on in stores and it's not heavy at all. the Modern chain, on the other hand, is a very heavy Chanel bag!

10. i have the cerf and love love love it..i only think its heavy if u stuff it with your whole world..but in the end..what wouldnt be?

11. i had a look at the cerf today.. i dun think its heavy at all..just think about it this way..there are no metal chains on it..so tat takes away lots of weight..and then again...if you stuff it with everything..like a 600ml bottle water...all bags will feel like tonnes on teh shoulder

12. I'm thinking about this bag at the moment.

Do all Cerfs have the shoulder strap? I understand it's detachable.