Does anyone own a Chelsea Katarina?

unfurling

O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
So I was in the Coach store yesterday returning a fob (the Valentine's day rabbit looks like a pig from the back, FYI!), and the Chelsea Katarina caught my eye... and my hand - I've never felt such a soft leather! Do any of you girls own one, and if so, what do you think of it? Is it essentially a Brooke? I already have one of those, but this Katarina is just gorgeous...

So I was in the Coach store yesterday returning a fob (the Valentine's day rabbit looks like a pig from the back, FYI!), and the Chelsea Katarina caught my eye... and my hand - I've never felt such a soft leather! Do any of you girls own one, and if so, what do you think of it? Is it essentially a Brooke? I already have one of those, but this Katarina is just gorgeous...

I don't own a Katarina but I am attracted to the pictures and looking forward to seeing it IRL. But I must confess that part of the attraction is the name of the bag!

I would also interested in hearing what others have to say about this bag!

I just got a Katarina in the blue mist patent (looks gray). I have never had a Brooke so i cant compare but the Katarina is a great shape. Stays on my shoulder, has a nice slouch and is easy to get into. I only like shoulder bags with a shorter strap and this one is perfect.

I have a patent leather Katarina. I love this bag! It's a great size, it's light, and it's very comfy to carry. I was very tempted to get the regular leather because it was so soft but the SA advised me not to. I had my kids with me and she said that with two boys it might not be the best choice because of the delicate leather. So that is just something to think about. If that isn't an issue for you then I think it's a great choice! That leather is amazing!

I just got a Katarina in the blue mist patent (looks gray). I have never had a Brooke so i cant compare but the Katarina is a great shape. Stays on my shoulder, has a nice slouch and is easy to get into. I only like shoulder bags with a shorter strap and this one is perfect.

You sound a lot like me, only like shoulder bags with the shorter strap. This bag has been revealed only a few times and I find myself looking and looking again and again and possibly taking the plunge and buying her with the FB 25% off by tomorrow! Do you happen to have any pics of your bag? I haven't seen too many real photos of this bag and am dying to see more!!! Thanks!

I also just bought the patent Katarina in grey/blue mist. I wish I could post photos!!! But it has a lot of blue/purple undertones. Bit tricky to match. Thinking it will be cute with summer white tops. It is very light, and the patent is brilliant. I got it at the outlet, must have been a return, so they honored the 50%. If it weren't such a deal, I would be more on the fence as I do find this grey tone tricky to wear.

I just bough the gray colored one and love it!! Great deal at Nordstrom $252 from $378. Try calling - they said they would ship for free!!

I may have to do this, only thing is I have a giftcard to Coach I was wanting to use to SAVE money hahahaha, Do you like the length of the strap drop? Does it open easily? I tend to leave my bag open and then just dig around in it when it's still on my shoulder. I LOVE my Hailey's, but having trouble finding a new one in a color I like, so I figure I'm just going to switch it up altogether! Do you have pics? or you just bought yours today?

I have the patent Katarina and I've also owned a Brooke. The Katarina is sort of similar, but it's between the size of the small and large Brookes. I prefer it over the Brooke though. With the Brooke, everything kind of collected in the bottom but there was nothing towards the top so it looked like a big ball on the bottom. The Katarina has just a bit more structure because of the way the seams are on the sides (more of a "box") so you can fill out the bag a little better. That probably didn't make much sense, but to summarize, I think the Katarina has just the right amount of structure balanced with just the right amount of slouch.

I have the patent Katarina and I've also owned a Brooke. The Katarina is sort of similar, but it's between the size of the small and large Brookes. I prefer it over the Brooke though. With the Brooke, everything kind of collected in the bottom but there was nothing towards the top so it looked like a big ball on the bottom. The Katarina has just a bit more structure because of the way the seams are on the sides (more of a "box") so you can fill out the bag a little better. That probably didn't make much sense, but to summarize, I think the Katarina has just the right amount of structure balanced with just the right amount of slouch.

This "structure" bit sounds good. You may have seriously just sold me on this bag!!!! I'm leaning towards paprika because I have quite a few gunmetal/silver/pewter/grey bags now and am looking for a POP!! Oh I hope I can make up my mind in the next 24 hours!!!! Did u try yours on before buying or just "blindly" leap into it?

This "structure" bit sounds good. You may have seriously just sold me on this bag!!!! I'm leaning towards paprika because I have quite a few gunmetal/silver/pewter/grey bags now and am looking for a POP!! Oh I hope I can make up my mind in the next 24 hours!!!! Did u try yours on before buying or just "blindly" leap into it?

It's still a hobo, so not a "structured" bag exactly, but I do find it more structured than the Brooke. I did try it on before buying, but it was stuffed with paper and still very stiff so I didn't quite know how it was going to look once it was broken in. It's the only bag I've ever paid full price for -- no outlet, no PCE, no sale.

This is from the first day I had it, it's softened up a bit since then so the slouch is more balanced and even on both sides.

a41253ca.jpg