Arts & Crafts Does anyone make their own purses?

Aww you guys are amazing !!

Okay, this is the first project with a sewing machine.. it was a pain! It's fake leather, and the strap was from a really old bag.

purse1.jpg

And another, more simple one..

purse2.jpg

Inside:
purse3.jpg

Hope you like them! :smile:

Edit: Finally got the pictures right!!

Last edited:
^Very cute Krab! It can be very hard working with fake leather. I thought I could make a skirt once using it, but it didn't work out so well. Great job. I especially like the bow on the front. The lining on the second one looks really cute. A very fun whimsical bag!

Here are a few things i have made. All are handstitched Just like Hermes. Apart from the draw string bag that one is machine stitched.

Attachments

• vdora_red_3.jpg
    vdora_red_3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 170
  • vdoraf4.jpg
    vdoraf4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 179
  • coco1.jpg
    coco1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 176
  • coco2.jpg
    coco2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Taske1.jpg
    Taske1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Sunshine mama
Narv-Stitch ~ Those bags are gorgeous! I cannot believe they are hand stitched. Very well done. Do you sell them or just make them for yourself?

Thanks sweetwon.

I have not really started selling yet. I did but I took up all my time and it didn’t give me time to evolve design wise. After years and years learning the craft, I’m trying to come up with a unique style and for now I’m experimenting and trying different things out.

I wonder if those needles can be found at stores like JoAnn Fabrics? I really need a heavy duty needle for one of my sewing machines.

I’m assuming you have a domestic machine. One can’t sew the bag I made on a domestic machine; at some points the material is 1 cm. Also I recommend that you use regular needles for soft skins. The cutting edge leather needles are only for hard leather. Also do not use the cutting edge needles for when you sew skin and fabric.

The place you mentioned had leather needles at size 100 http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2860&PRODID=prd49083

Good luck and feel free to pm me if u have any questions

I’m assuming you have a domestic machine. One can’t sew the bag I made on a domestic machine; at some points the material is 1 cm. Also I recommend that you use regular needles for soft skins. The cutting edge leather needles are only for hard leather. Also do not use the cutting edge needles for when you sew skin and fabric.

The place you mentioned had leather needles at size 100 http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2860&PRODID=prd49083

Good luck and feel free to pm me if u have any questions

Thanks!!:biggrin: It's not too much of a necessity at the moment since I don't have any projects that I'm currently working on.