Tech Does anyone know how to put movie/TV sound on a video iPod?

SunnyT

Apr 21, 2008
My husband needs the TV on to fall asleep, and I need complete silence. We realized it might work to put a show on his iPod so he could put his earbuds in. Since he only needs the sound, I'd like to separate the audio, both to save disk space and to prevent the screen from remaining lit during play. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Tell him to go to iTunes. They have a lot of TV shows for download now, and a lot of them are free. This way, it's directly on his iPod, and not your TV. After he is finished watching it, he can remove it so it doesn't take up his disk space.

As far as saving the screen brightness. With a movie or a show, I don't think you can do that. Why not just listening to music? That's what my husband does when he has a difficult time falling asleep. This way, the screen's brightness will automatically go dark—depending on what your settings are.

I wish he would just listen to music. He claims he gets too into it and conversation is boring enough that he can drift off. Fussy brat. (In all fairness, he has horrible ADD, and he stopped taking meds because they were screwing up his health.)

I didn't know you could get shows for free, that's awesome. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm amazed at how many episodes are free in the iTunes store now. I think it's when you buy the whole season that you have to pay. But I could be wrong.

Definitely worth checking out though. I hope this helps.

I have the same problem with my SO. I need absolute silence and complete darkness, and he needs the TV on. Luckily we don't live together, but when I stay over he has to go to bed first. Thank god it only takes him about 10 minutes to fall asleep. I poke him a couple of times and if he's asleep I turn the TV off and go to bed. I'm not sure how the ipod will work, won't he get tangled in the headphones?