Does anyone in us have experience in buying from ebay uk?

stcstc

Apr 16, 2014
Hi ladies, I have zero experience in buying from ebay abroad. Is there any additional fees like taxes, import duties, brokerage fees or anything? I am now so obsessed over Mulberry bags, and found that offers on ebay uk are far more and better than here in us. I would be very grateful if you could share such experience. Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies, I have zero experience in buying from ebay abroad. Is there any additional fees like taxes, import duties, brokerage fees or anything? I am now so obsessed over Mulberry bags, and found that offers on ebay uk are far more and better than here in us. I would be very grateful if you could share such experience. Thanks in advance!

Personally I'd steer clear, I've had enough trouble buying from ebay uk (home country)

If you do decide to go down that route check out your government website, assume its the same as the uk and will give details of import duty, I know I have to pay of I was to receive something from the US.

Be wary too if the seller offers to under quote the value of the item on the customs form, not only is if fraud but it will seriously impede your ability to claim everything back on PayPal/postal insurance if it goes wrong.

I'd stay with well known sites such as naughty pidgin nest and labels most wanted.

Personally I'd steer clear, I've had enough trouble buying from ebay uk (home country)

If you do decide to go down that route check out your government website, assume its the same as the uk and will give details of import duty, I know I have to pay of I was to receive something from the US.

Be wary too if the seller offers to under quote the value of the item on the customs form, not only is if fraud but it will seriously impede your ability to claim everything back on PayPal/postal insurance if it goes wrong.

I'd stay with well known sites such as naughty pidgin nest and labels most wanted.
Thank you so much for your advice. I appreciate it!

To be honest, I am hesitating to do so actually. It looks like far more complicated and troublesome than I thought. Guess I'd better be patient. Good things will come.

Thanks again!!!

I've sold on ebay from the UK to the US - for instance I sold my petrol bryn to a lovely man in LA whose wife had been searching all over for that bag. There were no problems, and he sent me a lovely email and great feedback. Although I don't know about taxes. The seller can tick the form that its a gift.

. Although I don't know about taxes. The seller can tick the form that its a gift.

Please don't don't ask the seller to do that, it's not a good idea to deliberately make an incorrect declaration to a Government agency - it's tax evasion.

I would expect the US to charge import taxes on any goods over a certain monetary limit brought into the country.

Thank you all so much!!! I did some homework and found that it looks like uncle sam is pretty nice on importing leather handbags like this. I will come back and add note if I buy sth outside in the future.

Thank you all again!

Thank you all so much!!! I did some homework and found that it looks like uncle sam is pretty nice on importing leather handbags like this. I will come back and add note if I buy sth outside in the future.

Thank you all again!

Yes you are lucky you dont clobbered with duty and import taxes like we do but be aware postage registered and with adequate insurance will be high from the UK and factor that in...no one will be willing to ship overseas cheapl,y without adequate insurance in case the US end lose the parcel

Yes you are lucky you dont clobbered with duty and import taxes like we do but be aware postage registered and with adequate insurance will be high from the UK and factor that in...no one will be willing to ship overseas cheapl,y without adequate insurance in case the US end lose the parcel
One more tip to write down. Thank you! I appreciate it!