Does anyone here meditate?

I've been meditating for many, many years. There are a lot of different methods. You can simply put your attention on your breath (In....out...in....out), recite a mantra, or focus on a meaningless thought (something like "It is....It is..." recited slowly).

Yup, for a good hour int he morning. No music, TV show or anything, just me sitting upright and thinking deep internal thoughts. Also do a lot of my prayers for friends and pets and family then too.

I meditate occasionally. I don't have a particular CD that I use for meditation; sometimes I'll just meditate to a song I like that has particular meaning at that point in time, or I'll listen to classical music, gospel, "world music" (I think Sirius or XM have channels for this, I forget which one as we have both) or nature songs. I have this white noise generator with several sounds that I use as well.

I do a walking meditation really early in the morning with my dog! It is so nice, no one is up yet and it is just me, my doggy and the sunrise :tup:

The best advice I ever received when learning how to meditate is to not allow any thoughts to 'hook' you, let thoughts come in and go out. Takes practice :yes: I still get hooked...

I meditate every morning at 6am. I've been doing it almost a year. It has really changed my state of mind, the way I view things, the way I handle things.

Yes there are many ways to meditate. I highly highly recommend a book by Eknath Easwaran called 'Mediation'. It is a lovely book that will tell/teach you everything you need to know.

BTW, it is VERY hard to train your mind in mediation. All those pesky thoughts want to interfere. But it can be done and it is soooo peaceful.

I dont, but after an intense yoga class the meditation part is my favorite....the first time i did it i literally broke down hysterical:s. Anyhoo I should do it the closest i come is breathing heavy and closing my eyes so i wont verbally assault people sometimes.