Does anyone here like Kate Spade anymore?

I used to love KS and had several of her bags at one point. Most of what I had was from her nylon collections. I had one leather bag that did not wear very well; the corners wore out quickly and some of the color even came off is spots. I have since sold or given away all my Kate Spades. I still like some of her styles, but I doubt I'll be buying any more.

I love KS bags- I just saw some new ones at Nordstrom yesterday that aren't even on the website yet, and they were really cute. I really liked the tarrytown small rude in the salmon color, but I haven't seen them on the website for about a month so I think I'm too late. I find them all very classic, go-with-anything bags.

I love my Kate Spade choc purse :heart:. Just bought it from the new boutique that opened in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo...

Kate Spade leather is so soft on the purses and her S/S 08 shoe collection was amazing!

And her green, gold and white striped carriers are so funky!

Attachments

• Kate Spade.jpg
    Kate Spade.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 387
I actually did buy the wallet yesterday in a caramel color brown, the inside lined in emerald green, and the pockets lined in floral purple pattern. I'm just wondering if I should buy a matching handbag.

Here is the wallet Savona Maria
http://www.katespade.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3115202&cp=2065599&parentPage=family

I remember in 2000 when her handbags were all the rage I bought a Nine West cow print velvet tote style handbag at Macys. Once my boss at the time saw it & asked if it was Kate Spade. I laughed and laughed and said, "On this salary??" 2 months later I got a raise.

This is the handbag I like:

Savona Paige:

http://www.katespade.com/product/in...=0&searchId=29585350193&x=0&parentPage=search

Last edited:
never heard of Kate Spade until I came here. Actually, there's a new Kate Spade store that just opened on the 9th at one of the malls in my area. I did look through her website but nothing fascinates me yet. I cannot wait to check out the new store, though. Hopefully I can find something small like a wallet or an accessory that I like.

But from what I saw through the window display when the SA's were unwrapping the bags, everything in there looks pretty good. The bags are beautiful.

I have some Kate Spade luggage (an overnight bag and a carry-on) that I bought from a department store that went out of business. This has to be 8 years ago now. Funny, I have never used the carry-on! lol I remember everyone wanted a Kate Spade bag in the late 90s, earlier 00s, now I never hear about her bags, but I see them all the time in Nordstrom.

I like a lot of her bags, but have only owned one. I have one of her black nylon totes from back when. I love her nylon bags because they'll take a total beating and still look good - a must-have "bad weather" bag when you don't want to take the good leather out.

i was in love with Kate Spade while i was in college. i lusted after the sam bag and appreciated the quirkiness of some of her pieces and basket bags. alas, i fell into a relationship with Coach, so that went out the door. i still love her stuff, i just feel like every bag is a different variation of the same thought, kinda plain. i do pop into the store everytime i go to the outlets and may get the baby bag when that time comes.

I still have a KS "Kariba" bag that I sometimes use for running errands as it's lightweight and roomy. I'm pretty careful with my bags, so the Kariba seems to be holding up well (about 3 years old).

Recently fell in love with other designers and haven't been looking at KS, so I don't know what her F/W line looks like. However, her styles tend to be pretty classic and don't date as much as other designers. So, if you see a pretty KS purse, go for it! :yes:

Oh I love KS! I think it was my first designer bag I ever got. Still have it too. I actually have 2 handbags, a canvas tote, a wallet and 2 sunnies. Her stuff is so cute and like the colors of the bags that I always see in stores.

Kinda a bummer to know that Liz Claiborne bought KS tho.