Does anyone have experience with Hanabi Rhinoplasty Clinic

Sooo.. bad news.

I can breathe a bit better, but still only one side. My other nostril still looks completely collapsed and as the swellings gone down it’s obvious I have two very different asymmetric nostrils.
I also asked him not to make my nose tip long an pointy because I am biracial and don’t want to look like I had a white Caucasian person’s nose but unfortunately that’s exactly what my nose looks like.
I’m mortified by how big my nose is. I know it’s very swollen but i comparing it to my last surgery around the same time, my nose is twice as long. I feel like for some reason he heard what I had to say and then just didn’t whatever he wanted.

I wish I would have gone to a different doctor.

Sooo.. bad news.

I can breathe a bit better, but still only one side. My other nostril still looks completely collapsed and as the swellings gone down it’s obvious I have two very different asymmetric nostrils.
I also asked him not to make my nose tip long an pointy because I am biracial and don’t want to look like I had a white Caucasian person’s nose but unfortunately that’s exactly what my nose looks like.
I’m mortified by how big my nose is. I know it’s very swollen but i comparing it to my last surgery around the same time, my nose is twice as long. I feel like for some reason he heard what I had to say and then just didn’t whatever he wanted.

I wish I would have gone to a different doctor.
Omg! I'm so mad on your behalf coz the same thing happened to me when I had my revision @ViP clinic. I just wanted tip refinement and Dr. Lee just went overboard. Overprojecting the tip always results in the nostrils being asymmetrical. Did he use rib cartilage for your revision? Sending you +ve vibes coz this is quite an ordeal, going through the ****ty qurantantine hoping for the best and getting subpar results. Have you told him about your concerns?

Omg! I'm so mad on your behalf coz the same thing happened to me when I had my revision @ViP clinic. I just wanted tip refinement and Dr. Lee just went overboard. Overprojecting the tip always results in the nostrils being asymmetrical. Did he use rib cartilage for your revision? Sending you +ve vibes coz this is quite an ordeal, going through the ****ty qurantantine hoping for the best and getting subpar results. Have you told him about your concerns?

I think the worst part is not even how it looks, but how unbelievable painful and unconfortable it feels. Like there is 100 lbs of cartilage stuffed in a 50 lb bag. My nose was not designed to be this shape. I should not have this much discomfort after a week has passed. It feels like my skin is being stretched so unnaturally that it could burst open at any moment.

I have lost my appetite, I can’t barely sleep because of the pain and I refuse to go home with my nose like this so I am going to give the doctor the opportunity to fix it. I’ve cancelled my flight home and I will stay in Korea until the doctor can find a solution.

The columella graft is so long i can feel it digging into my facial bones right above the gums of my teeth. This experience has been like a nightmare and I just want to wake up, but I believe that this was an honest issues of communication and the doctor will fix this. I know he is a great doctor and has the ability to fix it so I am hoping that he will offer to fix it as an emergency surgery.

I think the worst part is not even how it looks, but how unbelievable painful and unconfortable it feels. Like there is 100 lbs of cartilage stuffed in a 50 lb bag. My nose was not designed to be this shape. I should not have this much discomfort after a week has passed. It feels like my skin is being stretched so unnaturally that it could burst open at any moment.

I have lost my appetite, I can’t barely sleep because of the pain and I refuse to go home with my nose like this so I am going to give the doctor the opportunity to fix it. I’ve cancelled my flight home and I will stay in Korea until the doctor can find a solution.

The columella graft is so long i can feel it digging into my facial bones right above the gums of my teeth. This experience has been like a nightmare and I just want to wake up, but I believe that this was an honest issues of communication and the doctor will fix this. I know he is a great doctor and has the ability to fix it so I am hoping that he will offer to fix it as an emergency surgery.
I can totally relate coz this is my nightmare atm. 1 yr post and I still can't blow my nose properly and it is still stiff. I hope he can fix this asap since it is just a few days old, normally they ask you to wait 9mths - a year before they can do any corrections.

So I feel SO LUCKY that the dr at Hanabi is ok to do a revision at 2 weeks post op!
You are exactly right- normally the doctor makes you wait. In the US my doctor was telling me to wait at least 2 years and I literally had a crooked nose and could not breathe so I was so anxious and upset I would not have an option to do anything.

When the doctor examined me today he explained exactly what he did and honestly he completely restored my breathing even with swelling I can breathe 100% better than before. And my nose is straight and symmetrical.

He said the revision to make my nose smaller will be very easy!
I’ve never felt so relieved in my entire life. I think he is a really great doctor and I trust him to do the surgery again for sure.
I will post pictures in a few weeks once swelling for the revision has come down.
I really blame myself Bc I should have been more specific about what I wanted and shown photos.

So I feel SO LUCKY that the dr at Hanabi is ok to do a revision at 2 weeks post op!
You are exactly right- normally the doctor makes you wait. In the US my doctor was telling me to wait at least 2 years and I literally had a crooked nose and could not breathe so I was so anxious and upset I would not have an option to do anything.

When the doctor examined me today he explained exactly what he did and honestly he completely restored my breathing even with swelling I can breathe 100% better than before. And my nose is straight and symmetrical.

I’ve never felt so relieved in my entire life. I think he is a really great doctor and I trust him to do the surgery again for sure.
I will post pictures in a few weeks once swelling for the revision has come down.
I really blame myself Bc I should have been more specific about what I wanted and shown photos.
That is a relief. I know the awkward feeling of walking around with a botched nose and the anxiety. Wishing you all the best and keep us posted. Btw did you have the surgery under sedation or GA? I'm terrified of sedation coz you're awake throughout the surgery.

Thanks so much =] I had sedation. I’ve always had GA as the only option having surgery in the states, but I could handle sedation much easier and prefer it much more now that I can compare. GA gave me sore throats for days from the breathing tube. I couldn’t tell a difference between the two other than I woke up easier and with less pain... I didn’t realize sedation meant I was partially awake in some form. If I was awake I definitely can’t remember any thing so I can’t complain. I think sedation is the way to go for sure.

Thanks so much =] I had sedation. I’ve always had GA as the only option having surgery in the states, but I could handle sedation much easier and prefer it much more now that I can compare. GA gave me sore throats for days from the breathing tube. I couldn’t tell a difference between the two other than I woke up easier and with less pain... I didn’t realize sedation meant I was partially awake in some form. If I was awake I definitely can’t remember any thing so I can’t complain. I think sedation is the way to go for sure.
Ok. Then you had GA but w/out intubation coz with sedation you would be relaxed but still conscious while GA knocks you out completely. When will he be doing your revision?

Hi Sis,

I saw you said you're unhappy with the result from Hanabi , might i know what's happen/ why?

I went to the dr for a revision. I never asked for my nose to be more projected. He said he wanted to make it more projected on my tip and suggested that would be good for me. I replied that I did not want a longer nose because I am ethnic, half black with tan skin and I don’t want a Caucasian nose. I explained that my family all has flatter noses and I do not wish to have a more projected nose tip. There was a miscommunication because my nose is now bigger and more projected than the nose I was ever born with. I would never ask to have a nose bigger than my natural nose. Aside from the way it looks, it feels extremely uncomfortable and my skin is being pulled so tightly, it felt for a few days like it was going to burst open.

The doctor thinks my nose looks great and he doesn’t quite understand why I think it’s too big even though I’ve tried to explain several times- I am not Caucasian or Korean and I only wanted my nose straightened and functional, not made longer. I spent two wks in quarantine eating cold govt food so I could have surgery and then I paid 13 million won to this clinic and then had to cancel my flight home so I could try to now fix my nose which is now too long. So I have to spend more money to stay longer in Korea all alone and have a painful surgery and deal with the swelling and congestion and recovery process all over again.

So I’m becoming very depressed by how this is all going, to say the least.

I don’t feel like the doctor is willing to take the time to understand that as someone with BROWN skin I do not feel comfortable walking around with a nose projected outwards in the shape of a Caucasian nose.

I’ve cried a lot and I feel really offended that I’m having Korean beauty standards forced on me when I explained to him my ethnicity and what I wanted for me and my body.

Attachments

• CB66CCE3-B56F-47C3-9867-45AC49F60389.jpeg
    CB66CCE3-B56F-47C3-9867-45AC49F60389.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 684AAA85-A542-4BCF-A7A1-DD032B9A9175.jpeg
    684AAA85-A542-4BCF-A7A1-DD032B9A9175.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 98
I went to the dr for a revision. I never asked for my nose to be more projected. He said he wanted to make it more projected on my tip and suggested that would be good for me. I replied that I did not want a longer nose because I am ethnic, half black with tan skin and I don’t want a Caucasian nose. I explained that my family all has flatter noses and I do not wish to have a more projected nose tip. There was a miscommunication because my nose is now bigger and more projected than the nose I was ever born with. I would never ask to have a nose bigger than my natural nose. Aside from the way it looks, it feels extremely uncomfortable and my skin is being pulled so tightly, it felt for a few days like it was going to burst open.

The doctor thinks my nose looks great and he doesn’t quite understand why I think it’s too big even though I’ve tried to explain several times- I am not Caucasian or Korean and I only wanted my nose straightened and functional, not made longer. I spent two wks in quarantine eating cold govt food so I could have surgery and then I paid 13 million won to this clinic and then had to cancel my flight home so I could try to now fix my nose which is now too long. So I have to spend more money to stay longer in Korea all alone and have a painful surgery and deal with the swelling and congestion and recovery process all over again.

So I’m becoming very depressed by how this is all going, to say the least.

I don’t feel like the doctor is willing to take the time to understand that as someone with BROWN skin I do not feel comfortable walking around with a nose projected outwards in the shape of a Caucasian nose.

I’ve cried a lot and I feel really offended that I’m having Korean beauty standards forced on me when I explained to him my ethnicity and what I wanted for me and my body.
So sorry about your distress and I can totally see why. Your nose doesn't blend naturally into your features coz the bridge and the radix are too high and the tip is overprojected. I have the same problem atm, my nose is too bulky and masculine and my face is small so I look totally ridiculous. Korean surgeons always think all non-caucasian patients want a caucasian nose and it is so nerve wracking and stressful to explain to them otherwise when they're so stubborn.
Below is for me how a feminine nose should look like - see how well her bridge, radix and tip blend into her features?

1336[1].jpg

1338[1].jpg

Did you show him a picture of the type of nose you want? Also do you speak to him directly or through a translator? One solution would be to get a translator from the Korea tourism board - https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/TRV/TV_ENG_3_1.jsp - and have her translate during your consultation. I think they charge arount 15 bucks/hr. Tell him plainly that you are distressed about the results and how stressful this journey has been for you. Tell him if he can't give you the results you desire then they should refund you your money so that you can find another clinic.

Did you pay with credit card or cash? If credit card then you can contact your bank, explain to them about your situation and get a chargeback. This girl here was botched in Seoul and she managed to get back her money that way, you could DM her for more info.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...plastic-surgery-clinic.1022968/#post-33553361

What worries me is that because he thinks his work is amazing he might not do much to correct it and you'll still have the same result as before.

Please go out, do some sightseeing to lift up your mood. Don't stay cooped up indoors, that will make you more depressive.

Virtual Hug Big Hug GIF - VirtualHug BigHug Bear GIFs

It did not go well. The doctor was a total ass to me. He stuffed my nose top to bottom with unnecessarily huge grafts. They were so long and thick that my sutures in my nostrils tore wide open and I could see the cartilage grafts coming out of my nose.
I can literally touch the grafts with my fingers. I could get an infection and He’s had me on antibiotics for 3 weeks which cannot be healthy.
The nurse confirmed the issue but when I asked him to fix the grafts during my revision he refused.

He had me wait 2 weeks post op for the revision and then the day before surgery told me he was charging me for the revision. And wouldn’t fix anything but the length.

It’s shorter but still too long. And I still have cartilage grafts completely exposed coming out of both my nostrils.

he fixed my turbinates and airways so I’d say he’s a good ent dr but a horrible and extremely too aggressive plastic surgeon. Actually I’m pretty sure he is not board certified plastic surgeon which is why he sucks at making my nose not just
Function but actually look good.
Overall, I wish i had gone to an ent doctor in my country, my insurance would have covered it and then flown to Korea to see a plastic surgeon.

He could see the grafts were too big, knew he was opening my nose for the revision but insisted “i come back in 6 months”. I would not go to this doctor ever again in my life even if he paid me. His ego is too big and I wasted so much time and money for a nose that feels like a brick on my face. If you want a bigger nose I would say he’s your guy otherwise it’s a HUGE no from me.

Thanks for the update. This is what I feared would happen when you mentioned that he thought the nose was perfect and suited you. Please make a separate thread warning others about this clinic here on PF and RS if you have an account there. It was unethical of him to charge you for the revision; most reputable korean clinics offer revisions FOC. Maybe try getting in touch with ChanelSaint from the thread I posted and see if she can give you some tips on how to get some of your money back. You could try getting the grafts removed in 6mths, and in the meantime thanks to the mask requirement you can hide the results till your nose has healed.