Tory Burch Does anyone have a review for MINNIE TRAVEL BALLET FLAT

Here's a Minnie collection update on a collection that's anything but "Mini" or should I say small. March 2015 I bought my first pair of Tory Burch Minnie's which were the replacement for the iconic TB Reva flats. Now 30 months later my Minnie collection looks like this.

View attachment 3841381

Gorgeous collection... wow!
Since you’ve owned both the Reva and Minnie’s, how do they differ? Am wondering why TB discontinued the Revas and how Minnie is ‘better.’

Reactions: lettuceshop
Haha. I'm a Tory fan and love both the Revas and Minnie's. The Revas will always be iconic but weren't always comfy. There are reviews where women bought them, wore them and they were so painful they were never worn again.
I believe this look of the Reva flats was successful, but the comfort wasn't there for everyone. With new materials Tory reinvented the Revas in the style called Minnies. I would never say the Revas are better than the Minnies or the Minnie's are better than the Revas. I love them both. The leather used to make the Revas is more structured and durable. The leather on the Minnie's will scuff or scratch easier. The soles on the Revas is not as cushioned as the Minnie's. The Minnie's are like walking on pillows. (In my opinion). The overall look of both shoes is similar. Tory greatness as I call it. I still love both styles.

Minnie's shown will wearing my Revas.

image.jpeg

Gorgeous collection... wow!
Since you’ve owned both the Reva and Minnie’s, how do they differ? Am wondering why TB discontinued the Revas and how Minnie is ‘better.’

Haha. I'm a Tory fan and love both the Revas and Minnie's. The Revas will always be iconic but weren't always comfy. There are reviews where women bought them, wore them and they were so painful they were never worn again.
I believe this look of the Reva flats was successful, but the comfort wasn't there for everyone. With new materials Tory reinvented the Revas in the style called Minnies. I would never say the Revas are better than the Minnies or the Minnie's are better than the Revas. I love them both. The leather used to make the Revas is more structured and durable. The leather on the Minnie's will scuff or scratch easier. The soles on the Revas is not as cushioned as the Minnie's. The Minnie's are like walking on pillows. (In my opinion). The overall look of both shoes is similar. Tory greatness as I call it. I still love both styles.

Minnie's shown will wearing my Revas.

View attachment 3934728

Thanks for your insights Torybri!
I have been reading about ladies who felt Revas were uncomfortable because of the elastic on the back heel and several have made incisions to cut the elastic. I never had the guts to do that.... until today.
I got out my oldest pair of worn out Revas and took the plunge. I have to admit they are so much more comfortable now because the elastic is no longer pushing the foot forward. I still can’t bear to do this to any of my newer, nicer Revas yet, but maybe it will happen if I get too used to this comfy pair, lol.
Do the Minnie’s still have the same type of elastic back, or was that changed at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: Torybri
I’ve been reading more reviews on Minnie’s and others agree with Toribri... they say these are much more comfortable than Revas and are like wearing Isotoner slippers!
OK - I am going to have to go try on Minnie’s for the first time. I would rather invest in comfy shoes than having to modify (cut elastic) on Revas to make them more comfortable :angel:

Reviews are a great source of information and quite often reflect your own personal experience with a product, especially Tory's. I still feel it's best (if possible) to try any Tory's on before you buy them. Everyone's feet are different.
Letsgoshopn, I hope you find a pair of Minnies just right for you! If not I guess you still have your Revas ❤️

Here's a side by side picture of my Revas and Minnie's. The Revas are size 11, the Minnie's 10.5.

image.jpeg

I’ve been reading more reviews on Minnie’s and others agree with Toribri... they say these are much more comfortable than Revas and are like wearing Isotoner slippers!
OK - I am going to have to go try on Minnie’s for the first time. I would rather invest in comfy shoes than having to modify (cut elastic) on Revas to make them more comfortable :angel:

I just bought my 4th pair (beige, navy, black, poppy orange) of the Minnie's and I like them much better than the Reva, which dug horribly after a day's worth of wear. I plan on adding more to my collection as the colors I like become available. For reference I wear a size 11 with a medium width foot. I highly recommend the little flats as a main staple in any girl's shoe wardrobe. Good job Tory Burch!

For everyone who's a Tory fans the Minnies are a staple in your closet. You can never have enough

image.jpeg

I just bought my 4th pair (beige, navy, black, poppy orange) of the Minnie's and I like them much better than the Reva, which dug horribly after a day's worth of wear. I plan on adding more to my collection as the colors I like become available. For reference I wear a size 11 with a medium width foot. I highly recommend the little flats as a main staple in any girl's shoe wardrobe. Good job Tory Burch!

I love them and they are comfortable but not for walking long distances (ie on vacation and shopping all day in Vegas). Great for travel but sets off the metal detectors at the airport :sad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited: