Does anyone have a bag in Intrecciato Plume?

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Hi all,

These bags first caught my eye in the catalog that came out before the holidays... both DH and I thought the treatment looked interesting and potentially beautiful, but time got away from me and I never made it in to the boutique to check them out. Fast forward a few months and my SA emailed asking for my opinions on a couple of the new styles. I didn’t care for them but asked if the Intrecciato Plume bags were still available. He held a couple and I got to see them in person today.

They are, of course, stunning. Somehow, I wasn’t prepared for the little pieces of leather — the “feathers,” for lack of a better term — to be lifting off the base of the bag. The SA said it was intentional for this to happen and over time and with wear, all the little pieces will lift and curl up.

I’m having trouble visualizing this, and wonder if anyone has one of these bags and if so, how it’s aging. I don’t usually mind patina and a bag breaking in, but I don’t want it to look damaged. Would love some advice! Photos to follow...

Hi all,
These bags first caught my eye in the catalog that came out before the holidays... both DH and I thought the treatment looked interesting and potentially beautiful, but time got away from me and I never made it in to the boutique to check them out. Fast forward a few months and my SA emailed asking for my opinions on a couple of the new styles. I didn’t care for them but asked if the Intrecciato Plume bags were still available. He held a couple and I got to see them in person today.

They are, of course, stunning. Somehow, I wasn’t prepared for the little pieces of leather — the “feathers,” for lack of a better term — to be lifting off the base of the bag. The SA said it was intentional for this to happen and over time and with wear, all the little pieces will lift and curl up.

I’m having trouble visualizing this, and wonder if anyone has one of these bags and if so, how it’s aging. I don’t usually mind patina and a bag breaking in, but I don’t want it to look damaged. Would love some advice! Photos to follow...
The lovely @CoastalCouture bought the Nodini Messenger in this treatment before Christmas I think. Maybe she’ll pop in to offer some assistance. :flowers:

Reactions: catsinthebag
I’m bumping this up ... what season was this treatment, and what color combinations were available? I can‘t find much about it... and who has the Nodini in this treatment that can talk about it? :smile:

I have the Brighton base color Nodini. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to wear it too often but I bought it preloved and it had some of the outside “feathers” lifting a little. It bothered me a bit that they were uneven. I am very sure though that if I wore it regularly and all of them started curling, I would like the look of it. TM BV has longevity and I’m certain this treatment ages beautifully.

5DE081B4-570B-43E6-B2FE-EE1F3522BDEB.jpeg1873AC5F-A41B-435B-87E9-438E09EB9111.jpeg

I have the Brighton base color Nodini. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to wear it too often but I bought it preloved and it had some of the outside “feathers” lifting a little. It bothered me a bit that they were uneven. I am very sure though that if I wore it regularly and all of them started curling, I would like the look of it. TM BV has longevity and I’m certain this treatment ages beautifully.

View attachment 4773249View attachment 4773250
It's beautiful! I've had a 'shredded' Veneta, and if that didn't bother me, I think this would be OK too. I can understand the treatment. Thank you SO MUCH for adding your knowledge!

Reactions: RT1 and BBBagHag
I want to say it was FW 2017–no wait, was it 2018? The nodini came with Questsche as a dominant shade and Brighto as the other option. Our @CoastalCouture bought one. Let’s see what she has to write.

Late to the party here. Yes, I have this lovely. The feathers do curl as the bag is used in daily life. I usually try to the flatten them a bit when I put the bag away. Of course, all my bags are put away right now except for when I get them out to look at them. This particular bag is my colors all the way and goes with many things I wear.