Does anyone from the USA order from Selfridges website?

deej87

Feb 26, 2012
I was wondering about ordering from Selfridges and having it delivered to the USA and if anyone has experience. I was wondering if the customs and duties would end up really expensive.

They include customs in their price. But Harrods is much cheaper and offers 10% off several times a year. Harrods includes all fees in the price and there's no foreign fee on CC.
That is great to know. How do you know there is no foreign fee on CC? Do you mean when you change the price on their website to US$, that is the final price you are charged and no other foreign fees on top?

That is great to know. How do you know there is no foreign fee on CC? Do you mean when you change the price on their website to US$, that is the final price you are charged and no other foreign fees on top?

Yes that's the final price at check out. Usually when you are in another country there's about a 3% fee. Should apply to buying from UK from USA but no fee.

I was wondering about ordering from Selfridges and having it delivered to the USA and if anyone has experience. I was wondering if the customs and duties would end up really expensive.

A few months ago I purchased a red YSL cardholder. I saved about $100 and it arrived in 3 days. After recently missing out on the Gucci Disco at Saks and not being invited to the Private sale, I decided to look on Selfridges for the disco. It's listed as Gucci Soho and they only had black left, but I was ok with that. It was $755 shipped, so with California tax I saved over $300 off retail and it will be here Monday.
With that said, I've been happy so far. Hopefully my disco comes in perfect condition.

So I'm a little confused, why are their prices so much cheaper than say Neiman Marcus? For an example, the Valentino Rockstuds are $995 in the US at Neiman's, Saks, Nordstroms..but Harrod's final price at checkout comes up to $730.42
  • USD 837.84
<Edit order in your bag
1 Items Subtotal
USD 837.84
Excluding UK VAT
- USD 139.64
Local Taxes
USD 0.00
Import Duties
USD 0.00
Delivery Charge
USD 32.22
Total
USD 730.42

I noticed the price difference of the disco as well at selfridges.com ($755) which is a good amount less than the retail price of $980.
I just ordered one :smile:
Glad to see others have purchased one too.

A few months ago I purchased a red YSL cardholder. I saved about $100 and it arrived in 3 days. After recently missing out on the Gucci Disco at Saks and not being invited to the Private sale, I decided to look on Selfridges for the disco. It's listed as Gucci Soho and they only had black left, but I was ok with that. It was $755 shipped, so with California tax I saved over $300 off retail and it will be here Monday.
With that said, I've been happy so far. Hopefully my disco comes in perfect condition.
Can you keep us posted?
I'm excited for mine to arrive!

To the op,
My understanding is there is no VAT/customs/ or any other fee on purchases made online from US on selfridges.com. I paid via PayPal and didn't notice any international fees. I have purchased from Lindelepalais.com and Farfetch.com is PayPal and saw no extra fees. I think I read somewhere it depends on the credit card you use.
There are no taxes too.
I only paid the $30 shipping fee on top of the item's price. Hth!

IMG_1593.JPG
Can you keep us posted?
I'm excited for mine to arrive!
My package was supposed to be here yesterday. It ended up being held up again which was a bit annoying.
It arrived today and I am completely in Love! This is my second Gucci bag, however the only one in my bag collection now. It arrived nicely packaged in tissue paper and dust bag, no gucci box. Included were the cards and surprisingly, a little square leather sample.

Reactions: lvfanaddict