Docride's Hermes leather care recommendations list no chatter

Hello. I bought a Saphir leather conditioner for my vintage Box Calf Kelly. I tried applying it to the base of the bag. Is it normal for some color to transfer on the cloth my using to wipe the bag? Thank you!

Barenia care and emergencies

Spills>>>Barenia can be washed down quickly with a wash cloth and clean cool water if its spilled on by a swwt drink or coffee or even wine be quick about it because sugar can leave a serious stain and hrt the internal fibers

Tarnish marks from hardware > gently remove with a soft pink eraser

Greasy dark handles > De-greaser can be used with care make sure to go slowly and don't get it in on areas you don't want lightened.

Worn away corners > Leave them alone Never use colored polish or leather paint touch ups on this leather

Scratches > Please do NOT spit on a finger and rub the scratches. A little rub with a dry non greasy finger can help.. if not then A light conditioner on a wipe can help blend them back in to the patina always condition the whole bag lightly rater than spot correcting

NEVER use baby wipes on barenia

Barenia looks very pale and dry> this is rare and is not something to do often or with out a clue as too much conditioners can make this leather overly soft and floppy . Saphir for greasy leather (neutral only)
Hi docride! I stupidly rubbed saphire renovateur onto my Hermes berenia faubourg bag, the colour of the berenia now looks blotchy and uneven. I’m so upset. Can I fix this ? I have attached a photo for reference! Thank you

Attachments

• ABE80659-F883-4827-8F05-06C58FBB511A.jpeg
    ABE80659-F883-4827-8F05-06C58FBB511A.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 178
Hi docride! I stupidly rubbed saphire renovateur onto my Hermes berenia faubourg bag, the colour of the berenia now looks blotchy and uneven. I’m so upset. Can I fix this ? I have attached a photo for reference! Thank you

Attachments

• 61BE9757-CBF7-43A3-A2EB-74802D1F1FA9.jpeg
    61BE9757-CBF7-43A3-A2EB-74802D1F1FA9.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 54
Color touch ups ?

Some of these have been mentioned prior:

Tarrago color dyes
Refinish colors by wood n stuff
Saphir creme renovator
Angelus color dyes

please don’t ask me which colors for each leather color ..these usually must be custom mixed and you must have a good eye to do the mixing and application
Generally I recommend that you have a professional take care of color touch ups

I won’t be guiding or teaching color touch ups.
i thank You for understanding
Sincerely, doc

Last edited:
To protect the beauty and value of your beautiful Hermes bag
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:

Hang the metal lock from the turn lock or have it swinging loose from the tirrette it can cut the leather into arch pattern (leather or exotic skin covered locks are usually ok)

Spray perfume into or on to your bag.... this is very difficult to remove Also be careful of spraying perfume on to yourself with your bag
near by...

Let your pets use them as toys or bathrooms
images

Use baby wipes to clean them it can remove the finish of your bag!

Let mean and or jealous people near your bag with a sharpie pen View attachment 3834969 if you like them and they like you then its ok

Keep them in a lighted display case or window unless you want color fade and zoning

Let some company treat your bag with a spray on plastic coating to try and keep it looking new forever eek the leather will dry out below and it will look like heck guaranteed in a couple of years down the road

Use products made for human skin on your bags like sun block or tanning lotion, face or hand cream

OCD care cleaning or conditioning too often can remove the bag's finish and can overly soften it leading to losing its shape and stretching out. Yes cleaning or conditioning with a product every day is way too much, a simple wipe down with soft dry clean cloth will suffice most days after use unless you had a spill or greasy or sticky stuff on the handles then clean it of course

Placing your bag on top of your car while multi tasking and driving off with your bag on top of your car ... yes this has happened!

Leaving the plastic on the hardware ... this can lead to pitting when moisture sneaks up undeneath

Bring your bag to the hair salon where it can get spilled on with hair dye! do yourself a favor and bring a plastic bag to cover it or leave it at home!

refuse to do basic up keep or send it to the pros for general spa services at least every few years

Send your bag to have it sprayed with leather paint to change the color because you are bored with the orginal

And im sure there are more....
Hello again @docride ! Foolishly I left my cadena hanging from the tirette of my vache liegee HAC 40 for the past few days, and the metal has now left a dark mark in the arch pattern you mention above - I tried to see if rubbing it very lightly with a soft clean dry eraser would work, but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions for removing metal-borne marks caused by swinging cadenas? In this case it’s definitely a dark mark on, and not a cut into, the leather….

Hello again @docride ! Foolishly I left my cadena hanging from the tirette of my vache liegee HAC 40 for the past few days, and the metal has now left a dark mark in the arch pattern you mention above - I tried to see if rubbing it very lightly with a soft clean dry eraser would work, but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions for removing metal-borne marks caused by swinging cadenas? In this case it’s definitely a dark mark on, and not a cut into, the leather….
hi, docride doesnt reply here. check out the attached link and maybe post your question there instead.

Hi Doc,

Which meltonian color cream is the closest match for this natural hac 32 Ardennes? I wanted to cover up some
Corner scuffs. Also any idea how to remove that mark left by the lock dangling by the turnlock? Thank you!!

IMG_6685.jpegIMG_6686.jpegIMG_6679.jpegIMG_6684.jpeg