Do your Chanels save you money???

vronika

Apr 28, 2012
I just want to know if your love, or obsession:graucho:, with Chanel has 'saved' you money over time because you just buy Chanel and not any other brand?
For me, I'm a late Chanel bloomer. Before Chanel, I have a lovely collection of Marc Jacobs, Chloes, LVs, Bottega Venettas, Mulberry, Diors, and a few more I can't remember right now. But ever since I've been bitten by the Chanel bug, I found myself waiting out for Chanels instead of buying every other bag out there that's on sale. It's like every time I see a handbag on sale, I would get excited for a second, then I would look at the price tag and think "this is half the price for the CF that I want, might as well wait out", heheheh...Even my DH paid attention and commented on that.
Do you do the same thing? I would love to hear how Chanel has changed the mind set of me and my fellow tpfers. :biggrin::biggrin:

I just want to know if your love, or obsession:graucho:, with Chanel has 'saved' you money over time because you just buy Chanel and not any other brand?
For me, I'm a late Chanel bloomer. Before Chanel, I have a lovely collection of Marc Jacobs, Chloes, LVs, Bottega Venettas, Mulberry, Diors, and a few more I can't remember right now. But ever since I've been bitten by the Chanel bug, I found myself waiting out for Chanels instead of buying every other bag out there that's on sale. It's like every time I see a handbag on sale, I would get excited for a second, then I would look at the price tag and think "this is half the price for the CF that I want, might as well wait out", heheheh...Even my DH paid attention and commented on that.
Do you do the same thing? I would love to hear how Chanel has changed the mind set of me and my fellow tpfers. :biggrin::biggrin:

Chanel can be pretty addicting so for me personally, I would definitely say that collecting chanel for years has not saved me money. It's like Lays potato chips... You can not stop at just one!:lol:

not really save money. save on space maybe as i buy chanels & hermes and not other brands whose styles i find to be fleeting. my exception would be celines (got 2 and stopped).

I have certainly spent more on Chanel than I have saved, but I don't spend the money on other designer handbags as I have slowly lost interest, they are not nearly as gorgeous and now I only buy Chanel bags, although my husband bought me the Jimmy Choo surfer clutch a few months ago, and I love it!
Chanel does hold it's value which is good but I am not interested in selling my Chanel's as I want to keep them for my daughter.

i would like to think it has saved me money:
reason #1) i don't really buy useless "trendy" bags anymore
reason #2) chanel bags retain value unlike other fashion accessories
reason #3) chanel is timeless...my mom's 80's chanel looks awesome

but they are so expensive! :sad:

I got tired of buying tjmaxx bags that are destroyed after a year. Handles crack. Leather is worn. Fake stuff peels. I went designer to see the difference. 5k vs 50$ is not saving me money but well see after 10+ years lol

I tend to think that Chanel saves me money as in I don't buy anything else that I don't actually want, if you know what I mean. Of course buying an expensive bag never saves anyone money :smile: but now that I fell in love with Chanel, I stop buying other bags which always end up in the closet collecting dust.