Do you wear your designer bags to church?

this is a dangerous topic, if you ask me

nt17.gif

I bring my designer bags to the temple like every other woman there.:lol: Except for the bags, I'm very dressed down with just a nice pair of pants and top. There are quite a bit of women who wear tight short dresses and heavy night time makeup when praying in the temple. :shrugs:

If you are going to church for GOD I figure he sees me every day in all I do. Therefore, what difference is Sunday?

Considering all religions, the god of which one worships is considered to be the highest "supreme being". I don't doubt any of us would wear our designer bags if we were meeting the King, so likewise we should have the same sense of importance when we go to worship or "god". :smile:

For me, it all depends on the church congregation i guess.

For eg, everyone (almost everyone) in my mom's church is rather well-off, it is a middle to upper income level church so there are a number of branded bags esp with people in my mom's age group and I believe my mom carries LV to church (maybe not all the time, she rotates), so that wld be fine.

However, if I attend my grandma's church which is where I was baptised, I wld not. This is bec the church is made up of middle to lower income people, and I think I want to be a little more sensitive to those who might not be able (or find it difficult to) to afford such luxuries in life.

To me, this is the way I show Christian love to my fellow brothers and sisters; but this is my style, I am not saying it is the best or that any other style is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mbop0908
this is a dangerous topic, if you ask me

nt17.gif

Hmm, really? I don't think it's a topic about religious views, though. I think it's a great question and we can certainly answer it without getting preachy. It is basically questioning the idea of there being a proper time and place to wear designer, and as long as people respect the question without getting into religious views, I see no big deal.

i'm not christian, but, i do believe that god loves us for who we are, how we treat others and and what's in our hearts...what we wear and carry have nothing to do with the love that we show to others...and from what i remember there is a quote "judge not lest ye be judged"....so, if people are really in a house of worship for the right reasons? your handbag will not be what others should be thinking about!
happy and healthy easter to you!

I am a Christian and I could not agree more. Very well said.

Always...If I give my all on the inside, it has to show on the outside. I want to look my best for my Savior so why not. I really don't have anyone at church to impress. I live in the country side of Orlando...trust me it is all for Him:love:

I hardly ever bring a bag to church because of this story....

My MIL goes to church daily... and one day she left her LV purse in the pew and went up for communion. Next thing she knew it was GONE. And it was a weekday mass so there weren't a lot of people and she lives in the burbs. Scary story that someone would stoop that low at church!

If I do carry a bag to chuch, I won't even set it in a pew when I'm sitting next to it!

eek. that is why i always take my purse with me when i go to communion.