Do YOU use your dustbag?

Jul 26, 2013
A lot of luxury brand handbags almost always come with a dust-bag, but does one use them after a week after getting that gorgeous bag?

I admit that I have become quite lazy with my dust-bags :whistle:

I currently own a small Givenchy Antigona Duffle, a Mulberry Oversized Alexa and a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM and as I look at my closet now while typing this, none of these bags have their dust-bags on:lol: !

So basically why I started this thread is because I was wondering if anyone else is as lazy as I am :graucho: or rather the opposite.

Do any of you ladies or gents actually use dust-bags?

Unless I am using the bag at that time, mine are always in their dust bags, and then in the box in some cases (Hermès). When for whatever reason they haven't come with dust bags, or I've lost one (LV Speedy), I use a cotton pillow case. And I stuff the bags with tissue or scarves if they haven't come with stuffing! (Even my mini Alexa).

Actually, one of the Chanel hand-me-downs from my mum is in the same box and carrier bag (circa 1992), so that may explain where I get this from. :shocked:

I change bags daily, and although I get lazy at times, I normally come back home empty it into a lil drawer I have for "purse contents" and store it in the dustbag and then put it in shelf. But lately I'm feeling I should have some exposed (some particular ones per month) so I make more use of my bags.

Unless I am using the bag at that time, mine are always in their dust bags, and then in the box in some cases (Hermès). When for whatever reason they haven't come with dust bags, or I've lost one (LV Speedy), I use a cotton pillow case. And I stuff the bags with tissue or scarves if they haven't come with stuffing! (Even my mini Alexa).

Actually, one of the Chanel hand-me-downs from my mum is in the same box and carrier bag (circa 1992), so that may explain where I get this from. :shocked:

Pillow case = genius idea! I have two/three bags without dust bags and I hate not having them protected. Something about dust on a bag just makes the bag look so sad and lonely. Going to closet now to remedy this situation!

I have a photo and description on my wall in my closet to remind me what I own to make sure I change it up.

Reactions: Rl3dc
Pillow case = genius idea! I have two/three bags without dust bags and I hate not having them protected. Something about dust on a bag just makes the bag look so sad and lonely. Going to closet now to remedy this situation!

I have a photo and description on my wall in my closet to remind me what I own to make sure I change it up.

Awesome! Glad to be assistance! :smile:

I used to be really diligent about keeping them in the dust bags however I've been trying get more of them into my rotation so about half are out and about (stuffed, still) and the rest sitting still in the closet.

A lot of luxury brand handbags almost always come with a dust-bag, but does one use them after a week after getting that gorgeous bag?

I admit that I have become quite lazy with my dust-bags :whistle:

I currently own a small Givenchy Antigona Duffle, a Mulberry Oversized Alexa and a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM and as I look at my closet now while typing this, none of these bags have their dust-bags on:lol: !

So basically why I started this thread is because I was wondering if anyone else is as lazy as I am :graucho: or rather the opposite.

Do any of you ladies or gents actually use dust-bags?

YES I use the dustbags. I don't have that many bags, but these things cost money and would like to keep them in good shape. Dustbags will make a difference. In fact I would go as far as to say that if you have inexpensive bags that came without dustbags, get some to protect them. they will look smarter in the long run and so will you.