Do you think we jail too many people?

^^People caught selling drugs are punished more harshly than rapists, it seems lately. People with armed robbery do 5 years, but someone selling marijuana gets 10? I don't think it's right... just my opinion.

^^People caught selling drugs are punished more harshly than rapists, it seems lately. People with armed robbery do 5 years, but someone selling marijuana gets 10? I don't think it's right... just my opinion.

Rapists should be killed :smile: But that's a whole different thread.

I guess it goes case by case, but I know drug dealers who are living luxury lifestyles while they ruin other people's lives and families. I do think the system is ****ed up... I've heard many stories about minor crimes having harsher penalties than major ones.

Just my opinion, done with this thread.

I have a friend who went to jail for traffic violations. He had no insurance and two outstanding tickets from out of state. I know he needed to take care of it, but come on! He said people were SMOKING CRACK in the jail cell!

I had another friend who went to jail and didn't even know why. Nobody told him. They just came to his door and asked him to come reset a court date and arrested him. He didn't even know he had a court date. He spent over a week in jail and still didn't know why. Finally only when a friend hired a very expensive but very talented criminal defense attorney did he get out. And then he got out immediately. Pretty f-ed up if you ask me.

Yeah, I think we jail a lot of people unnecessarily.