Do you think the Roadie is a good first RM bag??

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I have never had a Rebecca Minkoff bag which I guess is pretty crazy because I am a purse fanatic!!

Anyway, I really love the Roadie in black! Do you think this is a good everyday bag? Is the strap long? I am 5'7" and I am hoping it is long but I quickly read on here that some straps have been shorter?

Is this bag still available in stores or am I going to have to order it online?

I think the roadie would be great everyday bag, particularly if you don't carry a ton. If you are familiar with the morning after mini, I think it carries a tad bit less than that bag. It has a great look: edgy but classic!

Not sure if you could still find it in stores, it's been out for a couple months, but I'm sure you can still find it online. Also, do a search and I think there are a few threads with reveals of this bag, including mod pics!

Good luck making a decision.

I have never had a Rebecca Minkoff bag which I guess is pretty crazy because I am a purse fanatic!!

Anyway, I really love the Roadie in black! Do you think this is a good everyday bag? Is the strap long? I am 5'7" and I am hoping it is long but I quickly read on here that some straps have been shorter?

Is this bag still available in stores or am I going to have to order it online?

Roadie is an amazing bag.. I just tried one on the other day at Saks! There are some modeling pictures in the celebrity section... Try Saks and Nordstrom. both in my area still have black & almond.

I found the bag tonight at Nordstrom! They had one black one left! I also had the SA order me an Almond one from another store because I actually really like it in that color too now haha. I love the Almond against the inside blue striped lining. The black is great but I have soooo many black bags with gold. We'll see. I am going to decide between the two once I receive the brown one. Too bad that was all sold out at the Nords I went to.

The nordstroms by me still has the black one, and the Saks has the Almond one!! I love this style but im currently on Ban cannot afford anything =( maybe ill convince my parents

Are they on sale or still at full price? Which Saks did you see the almond one at little b. I am really wanting to find one. :graucho:

I know you asked the other poster but I saw the Almond one at the BH Saks. It was a display one though just FYI. Not sure if you care about that kinda stuff. They didn't have anymore in the back unfortunately.

Thanks starbrite310. Was it in good shape or scratched up? I may have to call and see about it. :angel: Was it at full price, or had it been marked down at all?

From what I remember, it was in good shape. Nothing stuck out to me that it wasn't. I'm just very picky about getting a display bag and at the time I was sold on getting the black one so I didn't think to take the Almond. Then later on I realized how cute the Almond color looks in this bag. I would definitely give them a call and see :smile: Oh and it was full priced. Are they supposed to be on sale?

I'm thinking of making the Roadie my first RM, too. I chickened out when going to buy a studded Nikki .... something about the Roadie just SPOKE to me. Saw the black w/ gunmetal and it was absolutely striking. I feel like the MABs/MAMs are so basic, everyone's doing a slouch (Nikki), but no one is doing a bag quite like the Roadie.

The Roadie looks great! I think there are a couple of threads here on how much it holds...search "roadie" and "what's in" or "what hold" or something like that

Sorry my search terms were so vague! HTH!

I wonder if it's easy to find your essentials when the zippers open from either side of the bag instead of on top? After I saw this pic on shopbop, it made me very curious.
rmink2012613022prodzoom.jpg

Gosh I wish I saw this bag IRL. it looks like a great bag but with the way it opens up, and the studs and that piece of leather hanging out like that in the middle... I'm not so sure about it. :P

It's really pretty tho, I want it in lavender. I hope there will be some left by the end of this year. lol.

Starbrite I hope you get the bag! Your Nordies is soo lucky to get some RM (I would DIE to see this bag IRL). If you get it, PLEASEE post pics.

GET IT GET IT GET IT. :nuts:

Last edited: