Do you think right hand diamond rings are slutty?

Are right hand diamond rings slutty?

• Yes

• No

• In certain circumstances (describe):

• Who cares soshesaid

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok thanks for confirming ... I sometimes wear a diamond ring on my right hand (I posted pics awhile ago when I first joined TPF of the ring) Anyway, I was approached my a woman who said that it's slutty because it's mocking the sanctity of marriage? (maybe because wedding rings are traditionally diamonds and are on the left hand? ... ) I'd never heard this opinion so I wanted to know what you guys thought.

that is one of the craziest things I've ever heard!!! absolutely ridiculous. the rudeness of people continually astounds me...:nogood:

I am not married, & I have many diamond rings that I wear on both hands (1 at a time). I have a great respect for the sanctity of marriage. diamonds came into fashion as engagment rings only in the past 60 years or so. before the diamond trend, women wore whatever gemstone they wanted. this woman is clearly PAINFULLY IGNORANT.

Last edited:
I feel for you!! It is totally none of her business how you wear your ring. Frankly speaking, I don't even have a wedding ring (DH and I don't like to have ring on our finger) and I am married for more than 10 years.

Marriage is more than just a ring at the correct finger.

:yes:

...and who's to say what the "correct" finger even is???

Ok thanks for confirming ... I sometimes wear a diamond ring on my right hand (I posted pics awhile ago when I first joined TPF of the ring) Anyway, I was approached my a woman who said that it's slutty because it's mocking the sanctity of marriage? (maybe because wedding rings are traditionally diamonds and are on the left hand? ... ) I'd never heard this opinion so I wanted to know what you guys thought.

What a judgemental weirdo! I would have told her she was a nosy rude beyotch for saying something like that to a stranger!

...okay I wouldn't - but in my "dream" that's what I'd say!

what the heck?? that's crazy. Don't worry about what others think. People can be so rude - why should it bother someone else how you wear your jewelry? I wear a diamond band on my right hand and it is beautiful. I'm kind of nutty about having things being even and equal, so I wear my ering on my left hand and a diamond band on my right hand ring finger. I'm friends with a lot of people in gay and lesbian relationships and some of them wear right hand rings to symbolize their relationship.