Do you think LV resale is affected by new Micro chip authentication

I'm so confused about this chip thing. I just bought my first bag without a date code. How do I know where or when it was made? I have that barcode that came with the bag, but is that the same thing? It is M45352. I thought there were supposed to be 2 letters and three numbers. Also, none of my canvas print matches. I really want to keep this bag!
That is the model number. It just means that it’s an Odeon. The date for is still the XX0000 format. You can ask an SA to scan the chip for you if you want to know the code.

Reactions: KelleyB
This may be a dum question however, this microchipping process now... is this for all LV bags purchased in all LV stores including NM, saks, etc. or just brick and mortar LV stores

This may be a dum question however, this microchipping process now... is this for all LV bags purchased in all LV stores including NM, saks, etc. or just brick and mortar LV stores
All leather goods, no matter the sales channel. They are chipped during the manufacturing process in Europe.

• Insightful
Reactions: Roe
All leather goods, no matter the sales channel. They are chipped during the manufacturing process in Europe.

Thank you for that. I ask because recently with a few purchases, in the box there is a sticker like paper enclosed and when you look at it, in the back it has lines. I figured this was something needed for exchanges and returns to make sure its the proper item. Recently i picked up my luggage tag from the new collection and it didn't have that.

Thank you for that. I ask because recently with a few purchases, in the box there is a sticker like paper enclosed and when you look at it, in the back it has lines. I figured this was something needed for exchanges and returns to make sure its the proper item. Recently i picked up my luggage tag from the new collection and it didn't have that.
The stickers are for internal use, but they are very lazy about them and usually forget it in the box. But ideally customers should never meet them. They also might have a chip film in them, but the important one, the new chip is sewn into the product. It is a few millimeter wide square and thin as a film, so it fits between 2 leather layers. But as far as I know, they are put only into standalone items, exatly like the heat stamped codes were, so they are not in luggage tags or clochettes, etc...

• Insightful
Reactions: Roe
I have purchased microchip ones in LV store. So far I'm liking the microchip ones instead of relying date codes. Nowadays replicas can easily just replicate date codes. I have this app called "NFC Tools" I can easily scan the microchip of my LV items. It works. I'm using an iPhone so I'm not sure what NFC tag can be downloaded on android.

What I'm worried is if nFT tags can now fake it. I guess that's why I'm here in this forum to see if there's any new replicas that can easily make microchip bags that really would end luxury market. Not unless LV comes up on their app to scan their own NFT tags in its app that would be amazing, knowing I'm buying a real one.

I have purchased microchip ones in LV store. So far I'm liking the microchip ones instead of relying date codes. Nowadays replicas can easily just replicate date codes. I have this app called "NFC Tools" I can easily scan the microchip of my LV items. It works. I'm using an iPhone so I'm not sure what NFC tag can be downloaded on android.

What I'm worried is if nFT tags can now fake it. I guess that's why I'm here in this forum to see if there's any new replicas that can easily make microchip bags that really would end luxury market. Not unless LV comes up on their app to scan their own NFT tags in its app that would be amazing, knowing I'm buying a real one.
Chips are much easier to be replicated, date code is extremely difficult if not possible to copy.

Chips are much easier to be replicated, date code is extremely difficult if not possible to copy.
Possible in the future, not unless LV upgrade their A game like I said by upgrading their codes and be able to scan through their app. That would make LV more exclusive on its own products.

Also, date codes like one said above its very easy to replicate in bags, unless you take a second hand bag to LV store and have it authenticate. Buying LV in the market makes Date codes easier to replicate cause it's only attach to its bag, who would have thought a bag with simple tag on can be fake. I've been in group of replicas to see if any sellers can replicate it, so far none yet usually just date codes that's why I'm liking the NFC tag on new LVs. I guess replicas need to step up Lol

Last edited:
Possible in the future, not unless LV upgrade their A game like I said by upgrading their codes and be able to scan through their app. That would make LV more exclusive on its own products.

Also, date codes like one said above its very easy to replicate in bags, unless you take a second hand bag to LV store and have it authenticate. Buying LV in the market makes Date codes easier to replicate cause it's only attach to its bag, who would have thought a bag with simple tag on can be fake. I've been in group of replicas to see if any sellers can replicate it, so far none yet usually just date codes that's why I'm liking the NFC tag on new LVs. I guess replicas need to step up Lol
Date code is not easily to be replicated and almost impossible to replicate because it's punched on a leather piece (typically) by a set of hardware machine, one factory one machine has it's unique set of detail, it's like a gun shoot bullets out each bullets has it's unique marks from that same gun. Date codes are the extra set of detail to authenticate the bags (not just LV)

Last edited:
Reactions: plastic-fish

possibly the replica group is mostly selling low price point of cheap replicas, you haven't seen the super fakes yet, and yes, the chipped version super fakes are already out.

Date code is not easily to be replicated and almost impossible to replicate because it's punched on a leather piece (typically) by a set of hardware machine, one factory one machine has it's unique set of detail, it's like a gun shoot bullets out each bullets has it's unique marks from that same gun. Date codes are the extra set of detail to authenticate the bags (not just LV)
Well, the minute physical nuances to look for might be there (just as how Vuitton uses slightly different Mono patterns for each product in that factory on that week), but those are only known to Vuitton, neither we nor the self-proclaimed "authenticators" know them properly, only LV has proper data on that.
And getting a copper stamp manufactured based on a real date code tag is VERY easy, and they can stamp as many tags as they want then.
The chips are the same thing, yes. Making one that returns the same gibberish on an NFC App as a real Vuitton one would is just as super easy.
I always say that both the codes and the chips are taken way more seriously than they should have been.

Reactions: Kevinh73