Do you think it's possible to buy a fake LV bag from the LV store?

I read on Chinese social media that because the buyer was hang out with friend who had the same bag, they compared and found out buyer's looks different. That's the reason the buyer told to court. Another argument was buyer tried the bag in the boutique, took pictures. When she tried it on, the bag was real. Then SA took the bag to the back and pack it for buyer to take home so buyer didn't really see the whole process.

This is heavily discussed on Chinese social media especially because not long ago, one of the Gucci boutique (in China) was just caught had one employee being swapping fake to real bags for a period of time. (I forgot it was a month or a week)
She is claiming the SA took the bag in bag and swapped out her real bag for a fake and packaged that up? You don’t think someone would notice an extra bag in the back or be able to do all this not been seen? What were the differences in the bags I wonder that made her think it was fake? So the premise would be that the SA has fake bags hidden in back to swap out for the customers ? How would she even know what the customer was purchasing to have a fake in the back anyway??? I cant believe she even got any money for this, there has to be more to the story??

Perhaps that’s just one more reason in favor of chipping bags. Currently it’s a non issue as your chipped bag is now linked to your account. The team lead at my boutique mentioned they started the process of chipping bags years ago even though they still used date code tags.
I didn’t think the chip was linked to your account? It is?

She is claiming the SA took the bag in bag and swapped out her real bag for a fake and packaged that up? You don’t think someone would notice an extra bag in the back or be able to do all this not been seen? What were the differences in the bags I wonder that made her think it was fake? So the premise would be that the SA has fake bags hidden in back to swap out for the customers ? How would she even know what the customer was purchasing to have a fake in the back anyway??? I cant believe she even got any money for this, there has to be more to the story??
There are many holes in that story….. perhaps it was a counterfeit ring with multiple accomplices? Geesh I just can’t let my mind wander. Ignorance is bliss. I will keep trusting my process as it has not led me astray thus far.

I'm only forwarding some more details of this story as I know people would be curious and that article didn't really provide these details. Don't shot the messenger lol

It is ridiculous to me. I totally stand with LV.

The court ask LV to provide the proof of the warehouse inbound & outbound record of that bag. LV didn't provide it within the time frame. (The news said they didn't provide, then later on there are some info saying they did, but they missed the deadline because the court ruled the case fairly quickly. )

Reactions: LVlvoe_bug
I'm only forwarding some more details of this story as I know people would be curious and that article didn't really provide these details. Don't shot the messenger lol

It is ridiculous to me. I totally stand with LV.

The court ask LV to provide the proof of the warehouse inbound & outbound record of that bag. LV didn't provide it within the time frame. (The news said they didn't provide, then later on there are some info saying they did, but they missed the deadline because the court ruled the case fairly quickly. )
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as harsh towards you…Thank you for the information that went beyond the article. There was a lot of info missing and stuff that doesn't make sense. I thought I read LV was going to appeal..

Reactions: COCOLUVR
Is the chip linked to out account? I just figured it be easy for LV to see if the customer ever tried to return a counterfeit, the scanner will simply allow LV know it theirs or counterfeit.

There are many holes in that story….. perhaps it was a counterfeit ring with multiple accomplices? Geesh I just can’t let my mind wander. Ignorance is bliss. I will keep trusting my process as it has not led me astray thus far.
I am going to try and not believe this. Bags that I have bought from LV and sold to resellers have had no issues so either I have to question the truth to this story or a very isolated incident..All because her bag looked different than her friends??:shocked:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as harsh towards you…Thank you for the information that went beyond the article. There was a lot of info missing and stuff that doesn't make sense. I thought I read LV was going to appeal..
All good! I went to read the verdict again and the date of verdict was on Nov. 9th, 2021. LV didn't appeal after this. In May this year, the news broke out somehow, and LV now saying they want to retrial. (They couldn't appeal because in order to apply appeal it needs to happen within 15 days after the verdict was delivered.) This is where it doesn't make sense to me.

My question was the bag in this case wasn't even a sought after bag, why choose this unpopular bag to swap? wouldn't a fake speedy, or multi pochette will easily sell and make more money?

But then, because of the covid, LV store in China and this particular store attract so many local customers, customers basically "throw" themselves to the boutique to buy stuff. The SA(s) is no way in desperate to make money nor to sell things.

This happened a decade ago when a fake speedy was returned in store and sold to someone else, thankfully the new owner realized that. Same thing must have happened in this case: counterfeit returned while switching the real one. Especially in China where fakes are more and more well done and easy to go under the radar.

I read on Chinese social media that because the buyer was hang out with friend who had the same bag, they compared and found out buyer's looks different. That's the reason the buyer told to court. Another argument was buyer tried the bag in the boutique, took pictures. When she tried it on, the bag was real. Then SA took the bag to the back and pack it for buyer to take home so buyer didn't really see the whole process.

This is heavily discussed on Chinese social media especially because not long ago, one of the Gucci boutique (in China) was just caught had one employee being swapping fake to real bags for a period of time. (I forgot it was a month or a week)
That sucks!!! I was like who the heck has the time to be so shady but I guess people do. But personally, I have never had any problems buying bags at the boutiques. I don’t ever think I will be sold a fake bag so I don’t even “look” for things. But I don’t baby my bags and actually use it so even if there was a flaw to begin with I wouldn’t even know. I check my bag out at the store and usually just carry it out the door after purchase so there is no inspection at home period. Worked for me for the last 30 years so I will stick with it. Sucks for the victim though, hopefully it worked out for her at the end.

Last edited:
So when is the Netflix docu-series coming out? Just sitting here with my popcorn.

But in all seriousness, this seems like an isolated incident and there seems to be a lot of shady things happening in the background.