Do you think it´s OK to use an eye serum from a brand and moisturizer from another ?

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I have been using ReVive Eye Renewal cream, and I am so happy I wouldn´t change it.
But I don´t like their Eye l´intensité les yeux they suggest to use afterwards, so I picked another brand for moisturizing the area. Do you think it could create a weird chemical combination because it´s not the same brand, and they haven´t been designed to work together ??

Well after much careful consideration and patient pondering I'm sure your nose won't fall off or anything... but to be sure, simply try it and see! Ooooh and be sure to post pics!!!!!!!!! :tup::winkiss:

^Lol, yeah applying with surgeon gloves and all....Not quite dramatic.
I mean something in the lines of the product not being as effective if mixed around.

I've heard it said it's best to use things from the same line because that makes them more effective....don't know whether that''s just a marketing tactic or if there is really something to it....I'm a sceptic and a cynic myself so I'm leaning towards marketing pitch ....but perhaps there is some logic to it...i.e. active ingerdients in one may react poorly or make inert the active ingrdients in the other...I dunno :wondering:thinkin:

everything of mine is different brands, and all facial features are still attached :lol: seriously though, ive not noticed a break out, or anything from it being different companies products. i think its no biggie...

I like the idea of mixing things.. I'm currently on a cosmetics binge and whilst I'm buying one main line I'm also getting staples and must-haves from other lines too. I'm going to use my main line most of the time to give it a go using their stuff all together, but will also do the odd treatment or day of other lines. I find I get glugged up if I just use one all the time and think it's good anyway to use different things for their varied benefits!

Whilst I'll mostly use just one line at a day I'll definitely give layering different products a go to see what works for me. I'll be sure to let you know if my nose drops off though! :biggrin: