Do you store your Birkins with twillys wrapped around handles?

ilovchanel

Now an H Addict:)
Apr 9, 2012
Hi ladies,

Just curious do you upwrap your twillys when you store your bags? Are there any harms if leave the twillys on? It took me a long time to wrap twillys around my bag handles so I wonder maybe I should simply leave them on? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Hi there, I used to wrap my twillies around my bags as well. However, I read somewhere in this forum that it is not recommended especially when you stay in humid region. The color of twillies might wear off on the handle or something like that. From then on, I never place any twilly on the bag. :smile:

Hi ladies,

Just curious do you upwrap your twillys when you store your bags? Are there any harms if leave the twillys on? It took me a long time to wrap twillys around my bag handles so I wonder maybe I should simply leave them on? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!

I do not. I unwrap the twillies from the handles and place my B's in their storage bags. I then steam the twillies and put them back in their twilly box so they'll be ready for the next time I use them.

I doubt there would be any harm to leaving the twilly on....the above poster mentioned humid climates....I live on an island in the south (can't get much more humid) & haven't had a problem with any color transfer on my handles.

In most cases leaving them on and storing them is fine. I suppose if you got the twilly wet and then stored it away damp while still wrapped around the handle that that would be less than desirable for the leather, however if the twilly is clean and dry I dont feel it is an issue. I do recommend you change the twilly (or remove it) if it is dirty though. Personally, I always remove them and put them away just because I am anal but I promised a couple TPFers here that I would try to break that annoying habit (its so time consuming....hehe) and have recently been leaving them on. However, I change the twillys CONSTANTLY for looks so they never stay on longer than a couple days anyway....

I take my twillies off as I worry about potential colour transfer and also creases setting into the twillies. Lol OCD I know. Even though it's hard work I put my bags and scarfs back in their boxes.

I leave the twillies on the handles. When I said that I meant on all my bags, every single one, and I live in tropical country. Most of my bags are light colored, I never had any color transfer issues. I hope I won't be having one. I barely have time to swap bags and obviously no time to re-do my twillies :smile:

I thought the whole idea of wrapping a twilly around the handles is to protect the bag from oils in your hands etc. I don't think Hermes would promote such a practice if color transfer was an issue. I have had twillies on my B since day one... In all colors... And never have issues. Just sayin....

No Twilly's for me too... But I HOPE H makes a "Silk Handle Cover" for Bags in the Future...like the ones they make for luggage (The Neoprene Kind). I doubt it though.. Anyway.. I let the leather breath..and always wipe with clean cloth after use.

Here's what I DO for storage and part of my "Routine"... I DO wrap the Handles with the that "soft flannel SHOE CLOTHS" you get at the Hotels (some Hotels do provide them).. I WRAP them around each Handles and ROLL it to stay together and STORE it in the BOX. This is my routine..I started doing it years ago..just an idea for y'all...!!