Do you still wear your designer handbags during the pandemic?

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Should we enjoy our designer bags during this pandemic? I haven't been as I don't want to risk ruining the leather w/ hand sanitizers. I don't want virus landing on it either. I have been disinfecting my handbags with lysol each time or I just leave the bag in the house for a week after use to let the virus die off first. I have been only carrying a card case or wallet that I can fit into my pocket so I don't need to bring anything "extra". What about you?

I used some of my leather bags till I got hand sanitizer on one of them and the colour could not be fixed with mink oil . Mostly use my lunch bag ( a canvas one ) for now as it’s mostly grocery shopping and to &fro work for me ..

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I will carry an H cross-body out on walks outside (walk to and from nothing in particular or in a circle) but a washable shopper for the supermarket. And that is about my outside life atm anyway.

Reactions: Joule
I use my Prada Re Edition which is a nylon bag and still looks cute and is functional. I don't worry about the bag too much because it is nylon. Definitely worth looking into if you would like to look stylish, but be carefree!

I'm in the U.S. and the virus is still raging here, so I don't have too many reasons to venture out these days. I have had three occasions since March where I needed to actually get dressed and go somewhere, so I wore my usual bags those three times and let them sit for a week before handling them or putting them back. Otherwise, when I head out, my top requirement is washable, so I mostly use cloth grocery bags.

Yes I do carry mine. The only surface that touches a chair, a grocery cart, etc., when I am out is the bottom of the bag. I don't handle the bottom of the bag when I get home. I also do not disinfect my shoes before touching them when I get home. The risk of fomite transmission is very slight out and about in the general public unless someone close actually coughs or sneezes (sings, etc., lol) right over or near the bag. And they cannot do that because I don't let people within 6-10 feet of me. However, I do wash my hands and disinfect my hands very frequently!! I believe in being cautious, but I try to be realistic as well. There is enough to worry about.

I do and I don’t.

By choice, I only own premier designer bags So, necessarily, I wear them everywhere.

But, I’m not seeing clients or traveling for fun during this time. I’m also gong out socially veerrrry sparingly.

So, my opportunities to wear bags are depressingly rare. I find myself in my YSL camera bag almost very day. It’s hard to get motivated to dress up when the highlight of my day is going from my bedroom to my home office to my living room. :sad:

Reactions: Annabel Lee