do you still love your old school RM bags?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I have one of the special order BBW MAM bags. I'm not the original owner. For whatever reason the original owner decided to sell it even though she loved it initially. So I'm fortunate to have it now.
I wonder how many of the original owners of the older bags like the special order BBW ones of the sought after leathers like sage still have their bags and use them?

I had a bbw mab and navy with candy cane lining mab. I sold them both a few years ago to get bags from other designers. I kinda fell out of love with RM. I now have Tory burch, LV, and Michael kors bags that I love more.

I had a bbw mab and navy with candy cane lining mab. I sold them both a few years ago to get bags from other designers. I kinda fell out of love with RM. I now have Tory burch, LV, and Michael kors bags that I love more.
thanks for the response
I think some of the posters who used to be on this subforum have moved on to other designers like Bal

Reactions: shesnochill
I have a black MAM with blue zipper track and silver hardware. Although I rarely use it, I can't bring myself to sell it because it is so pretty and I know I could never buy another one. It is also my only satchel so I think it's a good idea to keep it.
I gave my navy mini beloved to my sister-in-law last year because I was trying to clean out my closet and I sort of wanted something new. I think about the bag occasionally but I don't really miss it.

I got a red old school Mam last year I ended up selling as she was too heavy & didn't have a long strap was a bit uncomfortable to carry. It was nice but since I've only been a rm fan in the last couple years I tend to go for new styles; wasnt around during the 'quality leather' years so nothing to miss :smile:

I have a black MAM with blue zipper track and silver hardware. Although I rarely use it, I can't bring myself to sell it because it is so pretty and I know I could never buy another one. It is also my only satchel so I think it's a good idea to keep it.
I gave my navy mini beloved to my sister-in-law last year because I was trying to clean out my closet and I sort of wanted something new. I think about the bag occasionally but I don't really miss it.
black with blue zipper track is a classic and I like silver HW
I had a black with blue zipper track MAM. I sold it the a wonderful PFr. She was so happy with it, I wondered if I'd done the right thing.

I didn't experience old school RM brand new since I learned of the brand only in 2013. (Oh, but just this January, I was able to buy a Leaf Green Nikki that was advertised as NWT and which to me really seemed unused.) I love older RMs! My collection grew in 1.5 years but now I've downsized a lot. I still love a lot of my RMs, reason why I cannot further downsize. But I actually don't use them much anymore. I still have the coveted Wine, Emerald, BBW with Blue ZT, Cream and Brown BW, Brown BW and a few more. Though I don't really use them much anymore, I still don't have the heart to list some of them because I know they are such classic beauties. Some are in fact listed in our local ebay, but RM is not known much in my country so sales are a bit slow.

Btw, I still check ebay every now and then and there are some older beauties that still call to me.

I had an OS Mac (cheetah lining) and a MAB with blue zipper train. Loved them both but started to use other designers. I thought about to for several months and decided to sell both of them because they weren't being used and thought I would help another persons collection. I still look at RM because I love the styles and prices can't be beat when a sale goes on. But I have to ask myself several times if I will really use that bag. I often get tired of RM after only owning the bags for a month or so. Now I have zero RM bags but a ton of pouches. Those I love more.

YES! And I'm holding on to them because they are hard to find! I still have:
MAMs
Black basketweave
Yellow w/gold studs
Wine
Brown suede w/espresso leather

MABs
Tangerine
White

MABM
Red
nice that you still appreciate your older bags
I was reading the old thread (from 2010 I think) from when my SO BBW was ordered. I wasn't part of the original group but there was a lot of excitement. I guess it's the nature of most of us here to keep wanting something new.

Yes, I still love them! They are pretty much the only RM's I love :shame: I have 4 OS Nikki's: Dark grey, Emerald, Wine and Glazed almond :smile: Oh, I also have a studded Rocker which I love too!

nice that you still appreciate your older bags
I was reading the old thread (from 2010 I think) from when my SO BBW was ordered. I wasn't part of the original group but there was a lot of excitement. I guess it's the nature of most of us here to keep wanting something new.

I remember that! I sold my teal and metallic purple ones. Every time I see grape listed on EBay I'm so tempted to buy. RM really needs to fire up the MAB production again.