Do you reread your books?

I love to re-visit books that I loved when I was younger to see if they hold up to age & experience.

Books that I loved as a teen, but found tiresome as an adult:

Of Human Bondage by William Somerset Maugham (Philip is a whiny ass...)

Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (Holden is phony)

Books that I still love, even after re-reading them:

The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

The Master and Margerita by Mikhail Bulgakov

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy

Sometimes I do but not necessarily on purpose. I read a lot of mysteries and I get them from my mom. My mom goes through tons of books and sometimes I'll start one that I've already read before and not realize it. I'm pretty forgetful. I can do the same thing with movies. I used to rent movies and then realize later that I'd already seen it.

The only books I can recall reading more than once is "Wifey" & "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. I seriously recommend Summer Sisters as a must-read for all ladies out there. It is such a gooood book!

ooh i used to read ALL the time. i've re-read ALL of jane austen's books several times but Pride and Prejudice will always be my favorite! also louisa may alcott's Little Women and Little Men, i have read several times. what else ... definitely Harry Potter and before the American Girls Collection became popular, i had most of the books which i read over and over again.

i do.
and i still enjoy it every time.
if its a particularly good book, a classic if i may, i learn something new or pull something special from it each time. thats worth the re read.

i do.
and i still enjoy it every time.
if its a particularly good book, a classic if i may, i learn something new or pull something special from it each time. thats worth the re read.

That is so true. That happens to me, and just happened to me with P&P, even though I thought that was impossible with the number of times I have read it!

I have reread Everyone Worth Knowing so many times.. mostly because it's the easiest of my books to find since I leave it on my dresser.
And when I was younger I used to reread Nancy Drew books all the time till I pratically had them memorized.

I reread favorites all the time. Truman Capote's Breakfast At Tiffany's is the most worn followed by a few art journals by Sabrina Ward Harrison.