Do you really USE your H bag?

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
I just bought my Lindy as my first H purchase month ago (Love this bag :heart:) and still carry it with CARE. So there are some questions that I really to ask you, H lovers.

1. Do you really use your H bag as EVERYDAY bag? (ummm.... fearless to use, like throw it / abuse it (a bit) :supacool:?

2. Will you travel with it? Is it practical or safe to bring along :confused1:? coz I and DH will go to Paris, Venice, and Florence as our 2nd honeymoon in July and have to travel by plane and train.

3. Will it help to talk to SA about Birkin :shame:, if I carry H bag with me????

So sorry for these silly questions, I'm still new to this wonderful orange world. Just fall in love with it :heart:!! Thank you so much for your inputs.:flowers:

1. Do you really use your H bag as EVERYDAY bag? (ummm.... fearless to use, like throw it / abuse it (a bit) :supacool:?
Yes, everyday. My Lindy has been my everyday bag until I sent it in for cleaning recently. I do not "baby" my Lindy at all.

2. Will you travel with it? Is it practical or safe to bring along :confused1:? coz I and DH will go to Paris, Venice, and Florence as our 2nd honeymoon in July and have to travel by plane and train.
The Lindy is a great travel bag. It's so souple it's easy to handle it.

3. Will it help to talk to SA about Birkin :shame:, if I carry H bag with me????
Yes and No. It depends. Some SAs are so indifferent because they already see too much, day in and day out.

since you wrote H, I am going to assume you mean all H bags and not just the lindy?

I don't own a lindy but I do have 2 birkins.

I have one I use for everyday & one I use for special occasions. I do baby both bags though. Hermes is afterall Hermes. The craftsmanship is so gorgeous that you can't help but to respect it.

I have taken short travel trips with my birkin. I put it into a longchamp to protect it at the airport.

I have yet to travel overseas or on long vacations with my birkin so I can't really give an opinion about that. usually though when I am on vacation I prefer a light shoulder bag so I don't think a birkin is the ideal bag for a family vacation or a exploration vacation.

Absolutely, I carry my H bags every day and I don't baby them (though I don't habitually treat them like sport duffles either). They go with me wherever I travel, including Europe by plane and train. The normal precautions about personal belongings apply, of course. You may want to invest in a waterproof tote like a Longchamp Pliage or similar to cover your Lindy when necessary.

As to whether it helps to carry the Lindy to approach a SA... you can't really predict that with any certainty. MrsS is right, it just depends.

I use mine on most days and I do travel with my constance or kelly. Since these bags are expensive, I do want to get as much enjoyment out of them as possible.

As to talking to SAs, I don't really think it matters in Europe. I have seen many ladies buying H at FSH while they are carrying other brands. BTW, your second honeymoon sounds wonderful. Have yourselves a great trip.

1. Do you really use your H bag as EVERYDAY bag? (ummm.... fearless to use, like throw it / abuse it (a bit) :supacool:? Yes, but I don't "abuse" it. I'm not worrying about it every second, but I'm careful (like I make sure nothing sharp or sticky gets next to it).

2. Will you travel with it? Is it practical or safe to bring along :confused1:? coz I and DH will go to Paris, Venice, and Florence as our 2nd honeymoon in July and have to travel by plane and train. I travel with it, but I make sure to also bring a bag with a shoulder strap because my Birkin can get heavy after a while.

3. Will it help to talk to SA about Birkin :shame:, if I carry H bag with me???? It totally depends on the SA. I've visited H stores other than the ones I frequent with my Birkin and have gotten no service. I've also gotten excellent service at H stores when I don't even carry a H bag.

I carry a Togo or Clemence Birkin daily--these I don't baby, and I have used them for traveling (like luxlover, I use pliage to protect them)--though I reserve my Kellys and Barenia HAC for special occassion.

As for approaching an SA--do you mean here in the States or on your vacation? I don't think you would encounter much difficulty finding a Birkin in Europe (though it may not be the exact color/leather/hardware combination you're looking for).

Yes, I do use my bags everyday, except when it pours! Some do show some wear, esp those that I have had for years. I do travel with my birkin. However, I do carry another shoulder bag for walking around.

I traveled through Europe and Asia with a birkin but I leave it in the hotel when I am walking the whole day. That bag does get heavy. But for 1-3 hours of walking, I do use the birkin. In my next travel through Europe, I'll bring a birkin and my Lindy. The latter is one of the most practical bag H made, IMO.

1. Do you really use your H bag as EVERYDAY bag? (ummm.... fearless to use, like throw it / abuse it (a bit) :supacool:?Heck ya! But as Gina's stated, I treated it like a purse, not a gym bag.

2. Will you travel with it? Is it practical or safe to bring along :confused1:? coz I and DH will go to Paris, Venice, and Florence as our 2nd honeymoon in July and have to travel by plane and train.Yup, I take them along when I meander across the globe. Nothing like arm candy to pacify one's soul - especially when your plane is delayed.

No, not really.
So sorry for these silly questions, I'm still new to this wonderful orange world. Just fall in love with it :heart:!! Thank you so much for your inputs.:flowers:
Anytime. Have a wonderful trip!:flowers:

1. Do you really use your H bag as EVERYDAY bag? (ummm.... fearless to use, like throw it / abuse it (a bit) :supacool:? I only have 2 bags, a Deauville (dark blue canvas bag) and a black box Kelly (vintage beauty). In Finland it rains a lot, so I don´t use the Kelly on the rainy days since a) I don´t use an umbrella b) I want her to have a long life still c) I use public transport so lots of standing and waiting which equals rain on my Kelly. I feel like the Deauville is more of a summer bag so I haven´t used that in the winter. I might have to ponder that though. When I get my Victoria II, I will use it everyday, in every weather.

2. Will you travel with it? Is it practical or safe to bring along :confused1:? I could travel with the Deauville easily, Kelly too if I weren´t doing a lot of shopping.

3. Will it help to talk to SA about Birkin :shame:, if I carry H bag with me???? I think it helps if you show your love for H and not just ask a Birkin randomly.

Hi I use my Etoupe about once a week if I am going somewhere nice and my Barenia Birkin I have not used yet, I tend to baby it and look at it!Lol!

I am now on the look out for a battered birkin or kelly to use everyday!

My bags have not been on a plane or boat/ship and I doubt I would take them.x

I use my H bags every day, also b/c I've sold just about all my non H bags, LOL:P I'm just careful A) if it rains I'll take out my Garden Party or Victoria FT in Clemence, not my more delicate leather bags (box, barenia, vache naturelle) B) I don't usually take a Birkin when I travel b/c of the weight: if I have to carry it around all day, it gets heavy and I have elbow and sholder issues, so they get painful; I take my Victoria FT which is lighter weight and has a zipper closure and can either be carried by hand or on the sholder......

Hi I use my Etoupe about once a week if I am going somewhere nice and my Barenia Birkin I have not used yet, I tend to baby it and look at it!Lol!

I am now on the look out for a battered birkin or kelly to use everyday!

My bags have not been on a plane or boat/ship and I doubt I would take them.x

I don't wear my BNIB 35 cm Barenia Birkin, heavy, but bought a used 30 Birkin Barenia and a Barenia Bolide(used) and wear them often. I do wear Hermes everyday and have many styles in my collection not just Birkins and Kellys. The style depends on my mood and errands for the day, also weather. I don't travel with exotics since I was robbed in the Dorchester Hotel in London but usually use a travel Birkin for a carry-on and a Lindy or 37cm mou Bolide for everyday when traveling. I tend to be low key. I buy Hermes because I like the workmanship and quality but for my pleasure only.