Do You Prefer Shopping Online?

Online- hands down. Quick checkout, no driving 45 minutes to the mall, parking, walking, finding they don't have my size, waiting in a long line to check out, driving back home, etc.
I tend to buy when I have online-only coupon codes, plus free shipping, etc. A lot of places have X shirt on sale online- full price at the store.

The only time I go in store is TJ Maxx or Marshall's. Most of their home goods stuff isnt online- I go crazy in there though with things my house doesn't need.
My dog has 3 dog beds in the house, rugs, 4 porcelain dog bowls and fuzzy faux fur blankets. :shocked:

Well, it depends really on my mood and the things that I'm going to buy. In terms of clothes, shoes and pants, I always wanted to shop at malls since I can fit it in person. I just hate it when I purchase online something that does not totally fit with my size. I had an experience with it 2 years ago when I shop online. I actually purchased shoes and a branded pants but as I received the package, I was kind of upset because the shoes was not really my size and the pants was kind of loose and bulky which was not totally the one I chose. I also didn't like the fabric used in the pants. I am still relieved though that I was able to return it and just get my refund after all.

I love shopping online and prefer not to go to a mall. I know enough of the brands that work, those are the ones I stick by. If I find something new in a boutique, I research it on my mobile and then buy online if possible, That is how I began buying TheLadyandSailor and Sea NY, I found at a boutique, then began shopping them online.

I don't worry much about the fabric, I sew and examined the fabric content closely. The only challenge are measurements, it would be helpful if arm and inseam measurements were consistently provided.

I'm hard to fit so I really prefer shopping online. This way I can also try things in my own lighting, with my own accessories, etc. Shopping is a fun activity but there are many things even more fun IMO.

Reactions: Luv2Scoop
I like browsing online before I head into the store to check things out in person; if something is not available in-store, I usually prefer to order from those that have nearby brick-and-mortar locations. Return by shipping really doesn't get my trust, not to mention the $7 some brands take out of the overall refund.

I just walked into an anthro and realized why I prefer shopping online but I guess I'm a bit impatient for this one pair of jeans and didn't want to wait even though it's over $150 so free shipping...

The service sucks depending on who you get. I get the one girl whose unsmiling and unapologetic for the wait...

I prefer shopping in store usually, but here are my pros and cons both both:

Online:
  • Easy to compare prices across stores
  • More items, brands and choices across the board
  • Can browse as much and as long as you want without anyone bothering you or without being watched
  • Don't have to deal with SAs and having to ask about the price, for sizes or different colors
  • Having everything delivered to your door and trying things on in the privacy of your own home
In Store:
  • Generally much better discounts and deals. I've found designer items that were over 95% discounted which wouldn't really happen online.
  • Can try on the item in different sizes and can try a lot of different styles you wouldn't normally order
  • It can be fun 'finding' items on clearance and deal-hunting in person
  • Can buy final sale without a big gamble
  • Less competition
  • Don't have to worry about shipping / returns

Ultimately I like getting better deals in store, trying stuff on before buying and just the activity of shopping rather than staring at a screen all day

Reactions: all7s
I prefer online because it seems like 9 times out of 10 I actually receive the items fresh and brand new. I do go to the stores sometimes to check them out in person before ordering online.

Online = Premium Designer/Contemporary bargains
In store = Contemporary designer/High street bargains

That's how it is in my experience. Also I find online shopping for clothes unless if they accurately measure it a nightmare since many brands have varying sizing measurements (which is awful).

Also the difference with my experience in online and in store is that I seem to research the items more and contemplate about them unlike in store, I just try it on and then its easier for me to decide on the spot.