Do you prefer monogrammed or plain bags??

I used to like monograms (Gucci, Coach, Fendi) alot when I first started collecting designer bags. That was all I buy. Honestly at that time I just wanted to show them off since I figure these are pretty pricey bags so people better know how much I paid for these. :lol: But after being influenced by the lovely ladies here in TPF, I started venturing out into leather bags and other anti-mono bags. That's why I'm now more into the B-bags and LV Damier line instead but I still wouldn't mind a mono speedy 25 later this year... ;) And I think the best monogram bag is LV.

No monogrammed bags, just not my style. I prefer understated bags - but, as stated above, that's a matter of personal taste. I prefer bags that are recognizable by shape rather than logos. Logos might look good on somone else, but they are not for me.

I don't like to carry monogrammed bags. To me, it screams, "Rob me! I'm a Louis Vuitton!" I don't like to flaunt the fact that I've spent a lot on a bag. I prefer plain leather bags because they're just more elegant to me.

Both for me (one day when I have enough to spread my collection between the two styles and care LOL) - I have a monogrammed Gucci wallet and wanted that because it seemed so archetypally Gucci and was the first of their line I own, so I wanted to have that statement.

Monograms look neat and tie some bags together, but if they're not well-thought out or look too much like another shape that's monogrammed by another label they just look cheap, IMO.

Cx