Do you play this Compulsive Game on FOS?

Wishsong

Mangomama
O.G.
Apr 23, 2012
So, I have this problem where I like almost all types of handbag styles except for the smaller ones. But I've learned my lesson to really wait for the one that I really love as I've bought handbags in the past where it's just "like" and I end up not wearing it as much. So, I go on FOS on the first day it launches with new styles. Find something I'm deliberating whether it's "like" or "love". Not buy on first day and wait for second day. Then when I finally decide it's only "like", I still look it up over and over again to see if people are rushing to buy it. I kinda play this game with myself whether I pick the bags people are just dying to buy. Is that weird or what? Am I the only one who does this? I find it kind of fun. I don't necessarily have to buy :smile:

My FOS game is keeping a wishlist of things that I hope will show up. Each new sale I sign on looking for those specific items. I used to have 4 or 5 things that I was waiting for back in the spring but I ended up losing interest by the time alot of them showed up. Now I'm just waiting for a jacket that may never show and a briefcase that I think will show...

Every now and then something will catch my eye that wasn't on my list and I will buy it but it's rare that I do such a thing; I'm not real impulsive with my money. When the American Icons Tote was in clearance about a month ago, I grabbed it up and it wasn't on my list and I am really, really loving this bag. I've been carrying it since it arrived and I'm a person who changes out my bag every week so this is a long time for me to stay in one bag.

That's my FOS game.

My FOS game is that when they first open, I scan through quickly and throw things that I think I like in my cart. I usually end up with 4 or 5 bags. Then I go through and eliminate things based on it being "like" or "love". Most times I can get down to 2 bags. Then I tell myself that I can only buy 1 bag so I have to decide. On rare occasions I'll just get both. Usually I complete my analysis before the things I have in my cart expire. A couple of times I've had to refresh. Sometimes I'll Google the bag and read the reviews from Coach.com since you can still access the reviews even though the bag is no longer on the site (I usually only buy FP bags). This process works for me because I know the type of bag I like (medium to large capacity, single compartment, silver hardware, strap/handle length at least 6 - 7 inches). I try to limit myself to a couple of FOS purchases a month. Sometimes I choose something I love at a good price but I'm quick to return to the outlet if I do not love it.

No game really. I just log on early to look and see if anything surprises me....usually nothing does.

I only have one older oddball bag on my 'want list' so I don't expect to see anything in the handbags sections that I give a second glance to......I really am only interested in FP bags because they are hard to come by in the outlet and I can buy MFF stuff in the outlet.

I look everytime though, because you never know what you might find. A couple of sales ago I found a Legacy zip around wallet in tourmaline that was an overseas exclusive.

So, I have this problem where I like almost all types of handbag styles except for the smaller ones. But I've learned my lesson to really wait for the one that I really love as I've bought handbags in the past where it's just "like" and I end up not wearing it as much. So, I go on FOS on the first day it launches with new styles. Find something I'm deliberating whether it's "like" or "love". Not buy on first day and wait for second day. Then when I finally decide it's only "like", I still look it up over and over again to see if people are rushing to buy it. I kinda play this game with myself whether I pick the bags people are just dying to buy. Is that weird or what? Am I the only one who does this? I find it kind of fun. I don't necessarily have to buy :smile:

It's like FOS Russian Roulette!!!!! lol

Of late, my FOS game is to delete the emails as fast as possible, and then see how long I can go until I cave and type in the address by hand with my fingers crossed that there is nothing there that I want but can't buy anyway because I've already spent too much money on Coach. The good news is the sales have been pretty crappy lately.....lol!

Of late, my FOS game is to delete the emails as fast as possible, and then see how long I can go until I cave and type in the address by hand with my fingers crossed that there is nothing there that I want but can't buy anyway because I've already spent too much money on Coach. The good news is the sales have been pretty crappy lately.....lol!

That's me!

I have a wishlist of bags that I want, and it used to be that the first time any of the bags showed up, I was so happy to get it at 50% or even just 40% off that I'd buy it right away.

Seven months later and now I play the FOS waiting game and see how low the price will go. I've learned this after even seeing bags that were supposedly in short supply go to 60% and sometimes 70% off.

I've come a long way from getting a bag at FP to stalking FOS for 70% off, but it all evens out in the end and I'm happy with my rainbow of Coach bags!

I have a wishlist of bags that I want, and it used to be that the first time any of the bags showed up, I was so happy to get it at 50% or even just 40% off that I'd buy it right away.

Seven months later and now I play the FOS waiting game and see how low the price will go. I've learned this after even seeing bags that were supposedly in short supply go to 60% and sometimes 70% off.

I've come a long way from getting a bag at FP to stalking FOS for 70% off, but it all evens out in the end and I'm happy with my rainbow of Coach bags!

That's a real cool game you're playing. I do that too! :smile: