Do you pack your Chanel bags in your check-in luggages?

Never...Never check Anything!!!!!! (My first boss who was a judge and also worked for IBM told me this.) First of all, easiest way to travel. I've been to Europe for 2 weeks in one carry-on and the "personal carry on". And...I've never worn everything. Always a random skirt or something unworn. I've been travelling almost 30 years this way.

Did it for my 16 hr trip to Asia. It went OK but nerve wracking regardless.

same here...nothing happen to my Chanel bag but i lost my watch, can't blame anyone but myself :rant:
agree with everyone here to always carry your expensive stuffs though, it's the only way to go these days. how sad....now i have to leave couple bags and jewelry at my home home so i can use them every summer when im visiting since i can't take couple bags with me as a carry on and don't want to checked them. i do miss them a lot but i don't have any other choices. these never happens to me when they allowed me to locked my bag :graucho:

I agree, carry on is the best way to go.

When I was backpacking years ago my luggage was lost on the flight home. After being away for months, I had timed my arrival home with Christmas Eve and had bought lots of presents and interesting things from my travels. Luckily I had packed the presents and everything I could not live without in my carry on luggage. By the time my checked in luggage was found (a week later), it was ripped and people had been through my things. It was lucky that I thought ahead, but even so it was a bad experience (and back when I didn't own anything expensive either, so it would have been much worse if I did).

I have had a terrible experience losing a fairly expensive purse (not Chanel :sweatdrop:) and a Palm (remember those things?) at Laguardia Airport. When I reported to the airport they didn't do anything to help. :cry:

Please don't check anything valuable. It's just not safe.

I travel a lot and I always check-in my Chanel bags. I have been really lucky so far and the bags always arrive safe and sound on the other end of my journeys. And when I travel, it's not short haul, it's usually 12hr+ trips!

my friend's luggage didn't arrive with her flight she had put her dior, fendi and louis v. in the same luggage, for two days she was going crazy..lucky her everything came

I lost very nice expensive gucci sandals during traveling, the airline paid me (because I wrote a very long effective letter-probably they knew what happened or something like that), but I couldn't find the same sandals :sad:

I heard many people lost their laptops, digital cameras

I would take my bags as carry on. even valet service is not safe (some flights in US they do it or last minute they take your bag -in Europe-because there's not enough space in flight) my friend lost her unopened new boxed digital camera like that

I've lost a luggage before (although it arrived a few days later), so I always carry my expensive purse and jewelry with me. Besides, the US customs won't let u lock your suitcase, it's more safe to bring the luxury items with you.

I check all my stuff, my carry-on is a satchel style purse no bigger than a Balenciaga City. I travel with 2-3 giant suitcases when I fly (which I check) so I just can't be bringing a fourth big bag with me, I can't carry all that! lol. I'm a heavy packer and hey you have to put the stuff somewhere. I don't tone down my wardrobe at all when I travel, if anything, I tone it up! lol and why not, it's a vacation every day can be a party, look fabulous! I don't worry about transporting designer bags I don't worry about a lot of things with air travel that most people do though, that's just me. And I love turbulence! :P

My parents were coming back from my sister's destination wedding. They checked a Bagdley Mischka couture gown, a bunch of St John suits, a Loro Piana tux and a Judith Leiber evening bag. Luggage went missing never to be seen again. Worse yet, their camera with pictures from the wedding were taken as well. The airline re-imbursed them only $3,000 for their losses.

On a separate flight from the same wedding, my younger sister's expensive new video camera as well as some new designer dresses went missing from her checked luggage.

Needless to say, no-one in our family checks in anything of value anymore.

I check all my stuff, my carry-on is a satchel style purse no bigger than a Balenciaga City. I travel with 2-3 giant suitcases when I fly (which I check) so I just can't be bringing a fourth big bag with me, I can't carry all that! lol. I'm a heavy packer and hey you have to put the stuff somewhere. I don't tone down my wardrobe at all when I travel, if anything, I tone it up! lol and why not, it's a vacation every day can be a party, look fabulous! I don't worry about transporting designer bags I don't worry about a lot of things with air travel that most people do though, that's just me. And I love turbulence! :P

hmm, you're probably the first person i heard who packs heavy for traveling! i always tend to pack lighter when i go traveling, or at least for my carry-ons, but after reading everyone's suggestions, i think i might have to do carry-ons for my chanel bags... i will be so heart broken if it was lost or stolen.

p.s. i hate turbulence!

My parents were coming back from my sister's destination wedding. They checked a Bagdley Mischka couture gown, a bunch of St John suits, a Loro Piana tux and a Judith Leiber evening bag. Luggage went missing never to be seen again. Worse yet, their camera with pictures from the wedding were taken as well. The airline re-imbursed them only $3,000 for their losses.

On a separate flight from the same wedding, my younger sister's expensive new video camera as well as some new designer dresses went missing from her checked luggage.

Needless to say, no-one in our family checks in anything of value anymore.

that's terrible... airlines only reimburse you according to the weight of your luggage i think, like a fixed amount for every lb or kg, which is not fair at all...
can't believe they even stole the camera!! i guess you'll have to take out the memory cards too. air traveling is already frustrated enough... and to have to worry about missing luggages or stolen property is just worse!