Do you love your bbag less after you dye it?

totoro723

Jan 29, 2008
Hi girls, I just wanted to know for those of you that have dyed your bags...do you love it less? I mean its great that its refurbished and looks newer but does it seem to no be "as real" to you? Why do you think the value of it goes way down after you redyed it even if it is to the same color? THANKS!

the value goes down because, well, it's been messed with ! and yes, yes, yes, after i dyed an old , manky 06 day that i picked up for peanuts on ebay, i couldn't bring myself to use it even once ! mainly because i didn't trust the self shine dye to stay put , especially on the edging sealant, but it just felt funny to me, like it was a replica even.
i know the penetrating dye is loads better, but i wouldn't do it again.

I had one of my Firsts recoloured - yes, I regret it.
It doesn't feel the same - I mean, the colour match is great, it looks like a new bag, but it's like I had all the memories (that bag and I went everywhere together!) painted over, if that makes sense.
I wouldn't do it again to one of my existing bags, although I am considering reconditioning/ reclouring a B-bag somebody else has already made a mess of!

thanks ladies for the replies. I think i feel the same way...just not the same...but then when i see a cheap bag on ebay i want to buy it and dye it and hope that i will love it :roflmfao: