Do you like bags more that share the same name as you?

shoppegirle

Dec 1, 2010
I was wondering if any people out there are more attracted to a purse when they learn it shares the same name as them? Or if people go looking for purses that specifically have their name?

I know to some this can seem incredibly shallow. It can seem as though a person like this is weak-minded to have one's taste easily manipulated by a name ("What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.":smile:)

But on the other hand, sharing the name of your purse makes the bag somewhat more special, and possibly something you would want to keep for a longer term. Even if it goes "out of style" but you still love the bag, you have the additional reason to keep it.

Then again, I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have a beautiful bag to share a name with.

What do you guys think?

haha funny you should say that. I'm obsessed by the Sonia Rykiel bag:martha!
My name is not exactly common and I love Sonia Rykiel. She's one of my favorite designers. As soon as I have enough money thats the bag that Im getting.
And i do like the bag lol.

There isn't one as far as I know - but I suppose I'd buy it if it worked for what I carry, just to be able to tell people the name!

I have seen bags with names that bring back bad memories for me and I'd be less inclined to buy them (e.g. names of girls that bullied me in school or a supervisor who didn't treat me well).

Good question!! I seriously believe some handbag companies do just this to up sales. I almost bought my DD a coach because it not only had her name but was spelled the same way. I ended up not buying it because she said: "Mom, I don't share the same love for bags as you. I could care less." :sad::cry::shucks:

Good question!! I seriously believe some handbag companies do just this to up sales. I almost bought my DD a coach because it not only had her name but was spelled the same way. I ended up not buying it because she said: "Mom, I don't share the same love for bags as you. I could care less." :sad::cry::shucks:
Ya, I learned in Psych class that people tend to favor things related to their name (i.e. most people's favorite letter is the initial of their name) so maybe companies are trying to take advantage of that. But then again, like tiggycat said, I guess it goes both ways. If a bag has the wrong name, it could make you hate it instead.

Anyway, one of my favorite designers, Rafe has a bag called the Julianne (which I own:P), and it made me look up other Julianne things. I bought the Julianne DKNY coat. Now I want the Chanel quilted leather Julianne (I know it has a defect, but it still looks great to me) and the Coach full-leather Julianne! I'm not that into Coach purses anymore but the Julianne Coach is gorgeous! I want the Rafe Jules as well... haha

Hehe not really but for the last year I have fallen in love with both the Marc Jacob and Marc by Marc Jacob handbag and accessories line. Funny that I asked the hubby if he would ever consider changing the last letter of his name from a K to a c... Of course he said no but I do love me some Marc/k :biggrin:

Coach has an Ashley (Made for Factory) Satchel and Carryall. Since my name is Ashley, I was very excited when I first heard of these bags. But when I saw the satchel, I was so disappointed.
But I did buy the carryall. It's pink, too...which is one of my fav colors. But I don't associate her with my name...she is just an Ashley Carryall to me.

My last name begins with "C" now that I am married, so I feel more connection to Coach than anything. LOL!

^love that car!!

i don't know any bags w/ my name, but it wouldn't really make a difference to me, unless the bag were already amazing to start with, then i'd HAVE to get it