Food Do you like asparagus?

No...Makes your pee stink :sad:

But I usually eat it anyway to appease my family members when we're at a family function. I can't stand it when it's not prepared correctly though. I hate it when people don't snap the bottoms off, and then it tastes like you're eating apiece of wood!

It's one of my favorite vegetables, we eat it all the time. Toss it in olive oil and grill it. Stirfrys. Roasted.

My favorite thing, which I do at least twice a month, is pasta. I boil the water, chop the asparagus into about 1" chunks, then drop it in the boiling water for a minute or so just to soften a bit. In the meantime I slice all of the cloves in a whole BULB of garlic. I remove the asparagus from the water, then boil the pasta (usually penne). When the pasta is done, I dump it from the pot, then I put a goodly amount of oil in the same pot, then add the garlic and asparagus. I let that saute for several minutes, then add in a whole lot of crushed pepper, salt to taste, and then drop the penne in and heat it through. We absolutely love this dish, and I always make enough for leftovers, it reheats very well.

I love it - I sautee it in olive oil with a little kosher salt and cracked white and black pepper. It does not make my pee stink - and it is very high in folate which is hard to get in many of the foods we eat.