Do you have a preference between Bal stores and department stores?

sloe-eyed

O.G.
Aug 18, 2008
If both have the bag I want in stock, I'm wondering if there's any incentive to buying iit at a Bal store versus a department store? Return policy is the big thing, and I read on here that Bal stores give you two lifetime returns, but is there anything else that would make a difference for you?

that's a hard one... I like NM because I can see it in person. But BALNY you don't have to pay taxes if you aren't in NY or CA. But in general, I prefer to see/feel them before I buy :smile:

Balenciaga stores.

I like talking to a SA who's really knows Bbags inside and out... someone who can help me get the most saturated bag with great leather, cause really no two bbags are alike!

I like the experience of shopping at the Bal boutique, seeing all the bags and tapping into the SAs' knowledge, and getting the box. Since they don't have that many bags on display I feel like bags at the Bal boutique are less manhandled like floor displays in department stores are. But, the one plus to department stores is being able to think about something for longer than a week and getting a refund if you change your mind.

If both have good leather quality bags, I would get it from bal boutique. SA in Bal London are quite friendly and helpful. Plus you'll get the pretty balenciaga shopping bag and a nicer receipt in a cute balenciaga envelope :P

I'm not sure about their return policy, cos I just assumed that it'll be returnable like other shops (oops!). Maybe you can give them a call?

Since Bal will not send pictures & you just get store credit, I'm with Department Stores. I have great relationships with an SA at Barneys (local - can see IRL), Saks, 2 NM's, and Nordstrom's.

I dont know how they do it but even though we have Neiman's & Saks, if I order direct from another store (not using store locator) and ask that my purchase be shipped as a gift, I am not charged tax.

And I can return to my local Saks or Neimans.

Barneys & Nordstroms do charge tax on send.

The Saks & NM SA's really know what I like & I am very descriptive & since I can get my $ back if I do a rturn AND I Saks or NM point or gift cards, I go with them for buying new & RDC for preowned.

I prefer shopping in Bal stores. The stores I've been to (London, Paris and Milan) are really beatiful and interestingly decorated and I love walking out with that neat, white Bal shopping bag. The SAs I've dealt with so far have been very friendly and helpful and it gives me an excuse to get out of Denmark.

I actually prefer dept stores because I can at least look and touch the bag display, I know its their job but I feel guilty asking the SA at Bal NY to bring out the bags to me, but obviously Im just weird. :shame:

But I am dying to go into that back room, I am just picturing a rainbow of leather goodiness. It must smell like a brand new car back there :drool:

I love the BalLA store because since I'm in WA I don't get charged tax (whereas from barneys I do...(9.0% to be exact) Plus my SA is extremely knowledgable, honest, and patient and is willing to do anything for me to get my perfect bag! She knows my leather and I fully trust her :tender: