Do You Have a Chanel Handbag in the Back of Your Closet Never Being Carried? If So, What & Why?

I echo you exactly chicnfab! All of my Chanel's are in rotation & I've been working on downsizing my other/non-Chanel bags. Just started reading Marie Kondo's book yesterday so I'm on my way w/ her "konmari" method:flowers:
Good for you Kendie! I need to get to the point where all of MY Chanel's are being carried.
So can you tell me about this book? It sounds just like something that I need to read.

Reactions: Kendie26
This is very true. I bought one of the first boy bags years ago and never used it. My daughter on the other hand happily took it off my hands and she still to this day loves it. She also loves to use my older Chanel circa "modern chain" collection.
That's great to hear. "What goes around, comes around". Good to see a youngster appreciating the Vintage Chanel. I'm impressed with your daughter's style! :tender:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I echo you exactly chicnfab! All of my Chanel's are in rotation & I've been working on downsizing my other/non-Chanel bags. Just started reading Marie Kondo's book yesterday so I'm on my way w/ her "konmari" method:flowers:
This is crazy...I just saw an entire story about Marie Kondo & her de-clutter methods on a TV show Called "CBS Sunday Morning" right after I read your post. Obviously me reading this book is meant to be. Thanks dear! :hugs:

I have a metallic red m/l classic flap with a top handle that I bought from my old boss for $400 in 2005. The serial code is from the 90's, but it's in amazing shape. I have not used it in years - really since I've had kids. However, I used it this Christmas and was so glad I've never gotten rid of it.

Reactions: Stratford
Oh dear starprism. I really hope you'll get that lovely Mini out & carry it. As my Mom always said, "Life's too short to let that gorgeous (insert something you love) gather dust!" You love this handbag! Why don't you start small. Get it out & carry it around the house, then load her up, now walk out the door and away you go! :tender: Best of luck!

:biggrin: I had tried to do that a few times, and end up going back to the room & swapped bag. But I made myself wear it for special occasion :biggrin:, so that she doesnt have the chance gather too much dust! Thanks for the motivation :heart:

View attachment 3639172 I never use this old bowler any more- in fact I cannot even remember the last time she was taken out. A little too old fashioned I guess.. usually I never keep unused items in my wardrobe but I keep thinking there may be an emergency requiring a pink bag...:sad:
:lol: A "pink bag" emergency. That's hilarious. Hey, it could happen. Is this your ONLY pink bag? If so, I would keep it also. It would coordinate perfectly with some of the Cuba Cruise things, so I'm going to have to agree with you. That pink bag emergency just may happen! :giggle:

I have a metallic red m/l classic flap with a top handle that I bought from my old boss for $400 in 2005. The serial code is from the 90's, but it's in amazing shape. I have not used it in years - really since I've had kids. However, I used it this Christmas and was so glad I've never gotten rid of it.
Well, there you go. As another said, our needs & wants change over time. I bet it looked gorgeous for Christmas. I also keep 1 red Jumbo CF for Christmas use. But I also carry it during the year too so my red is a keeper too. :speedy:

This is crazy...I just saw an entire story about Marie Kondo & her de-clutter methods on a TV show Called "CBS Sunday Morning" right after I read your post. Obviously me reading this book is meant to be. Thanks dear! :hugs:

A quick story about Marie: one of the moms from my park slope mom groups had Marie come to her house to 'de-clutter.' Instead if actually decluttering, they took all her junk and threw it in a storage unit, then they filmed Marie folding sweaters and tiny tshirts in the now 'de-cluttered' house. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji14]

A quick story about Marie: one of the moms from my park slope mom groups had Marie come to her house to 'de-clutter.' Instead if actually decluttering, they took all her junk and threw it in a storage unit, then they filmed Marie folding sweaters and tiny tshirts in the now 'de-cluttered' house. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji14]
Well I guess that's one way to sell a book! :girlsigh:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Good for you Kendie! I need to get to the point where all of MY Chanel's are being carried.
So can you tell me about this book? It sounds just like something that I need to read.

How funny is that timing with you seeing a tv segment today?!!![emoji23] I heard of her years ago but just recently another lovely TPFr did a thread on her reduced collection & kept only the bags that "spark joy" & mentioned Marie Kondo so I downloaded the book yesterday & figured I'd try to learn something. I did my office earlier today & I seriously feel way better about have less"stuff." Here are 3 of her books deaf Tulip. Interesting thread you started! [emoji8]IMG_1489956025.507649.jpgIMG_1489956035.692441.jpg

Reactions: Acctt

Hmmm! Very interesting! That's cool you know someone who did this. So did she even meet Marie Kondo or was it just film segment they were doing quickly? [emoji4]

I do so I'll get us started! This is my Chanel Turquoise Quilted Lambskin Leather Classic Jumbo Double Flap Bag from 2011. I have to admit it's a gorgeous Handbag, but when it's time to Rotate, it Just Never Gets Chosen. I Think it's because I Have so Many Blue Chanel Handbags that I Love.
I've Come to the Conclusion that I really should sell it. But Why don't I? I Think it's because it takes a lot of Work & Time to get it Listed for Sale. Time, that's my final answer. :facepalm:
View attachment 3638381
I've got a lovely Dior that's still all packed up in her dust bag too. Never carried. What was I thinking? :confused1:
Tulip, there is no buying and selling on TPF but there is no prohibition on gifting. So as a favor to you, I will go ahead and accept all your rarely used Chanel and Dior bags as gifts so you don't have to worry about them cluttering up your closet anymore.

I'm such a selfless friend. :graucho:

Yeheeeyyy happy I'm not the only one who is downsizing and rotates the bags :smile: :smile: cheers to that @Kendie26
Count me in the Chanel rotation club.:wave: I use all my Chanel items regularly - bags, tote, card case. I think it's because they are my most well thought out purchases. Most of my Chanel items are single flap jumbos (which I ADORE) and being a new Chanel collector, I have to buy them preloved. So I had to hunt these darn bags. By the time I got them I knew I had a use for them.

The bags I have to make myself rotate or sell are my less expensive bags (e.g. Proenza Schouler, etc.) or my impulse bags (like the Chanel Ulitmate Soft that I sold a couple years ago).

I also follow the Marie Kondo method. It's life changing. Only keeping that which is necessary or that brings joy keeps my home cutter free...and my wallet happy. :lol:

I encourage all of you with unused bags to sell. It gets it off your mind and you have fun money to play with. :happydance:

View attachment 3639172 I never use this old bowler any more- in fact I cannot even remember the last time she was taken out. A little too old fashioned I guess.. usually I never keep unused items in my wardrobe but I keep thinking there may be an emergency requiring a pink bag...:sad:
This cracked me up!! :lol: A pink bag emergency. LOL! Sometimes I think the same way about things. Right now I have 5 bags by contemporary designers. I keep thinking I'll go some where that I can't wear a bag by a premier designer. But, I almost never do. And on the RARE occasion I do, I only reach for 1 of the 5 bags. So I promised myself I'm narrowing them down to 2 and selling the others.

That being said, pink is my favorite color. So I tend to think every day is a pink something or other emergency. :lol: I think you should sell this pink bag and only rebuy pink if you find one that is so gorgeous to you that you just must wear it. :smile:

My first mini square ghw in lambskin. Love & adore how cute it is, but my ocd me too anxious in wearing it incase I scratched/bumped her into somethings.
I agree with what Tulip said. Life is too short not to enjoy the best of what you have every day.

One thing that may ease your mind. If you wear the bag and she gets scratched or scuffed over time, you can send her to a bag spa and she'll come back looking great.