do you follow this so called rule??

I think that's a stupid rule!:lol:
I personally hate matchy matchy so I would choose to carry a Damier wallet w/ my monogram BH over a mongram wallet to be honest!

I actually like the way mono pairs with damier. Your SA needs to watch "What not to wear" on TLC so learn that things don't have to match, they need to, "go" from Stacy and *******! LOL

I only match when it's necessary. Usually buy all the matching pieces, but that's so I can mix it all up with another bag or accessories. More the better.

I dont think it should be constituted as a rule, but I'm not a fan of mono and like damier mixed with vernis, so thats what I do. Azur + Pomme...

I've heard of that before..it's like an unspoken rule of the SAs I think.
Anyway no way, I always mix them..I always carry my Damier 4-key holder and Cerises PMR and I've been switching between my Groom wallets. Then add in my bag, which has been either my Damier Speedy or BH lately because I've been at school, my pieces are really mixed.

This isn't a rule but more of a 'ploy' to get a customer to buy wallets and cles from both lines to match their bags. How very obnoxious that she said that.

yes, total ploy! i've never heard an SA say that to anyone but i can imagine they may use it to get you to buy more. i have a friend who whenever she buys a purse, MUST buy a matching wallet. i think she got sucked into that ploy. :Push:

I actually like the way mono pairs with damier. Your SA needs to watch "What not to wear" on TLC so learn that things don't have to match, they need to, "go" from Stacy and *******! LOL

ITA! It was Stacy and ******* who taught me not to match your shoes with your handbag anymore. lol I think it's silly what the SA said!

It may be an internal rule that applies to store design and merchandising (for example they would never display the two patterns on one shelf in the store), but it's ridiculous when applied to an individual. I love mixing up my accessories, in fact I carry an Azur wallet in a brown Damier bag! Gasp!